the12volt.com spacer
icon

How To Reinstate Two Step Unlock? ’06 Toyota Camry, Viper 4x06

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2020 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I'm really curious
Because I've got the drivers door apart to replace a failed actuator, and I want to reinstate the two step unlock like the factory keyless entry did
Vehicle is an '06 Camry, no factory security, system installed is a Viper 4x06 remote start and keyless entry
I was probing around on the drivers actuator and found two thicker wires
They both rest at ground, but if you pulse + to one of them while grounding the other, the doors unlock (two stage) and lock (killing the dome light) just as if you were turning the key in the door barrel
The problem is, the 4x06 only has two 500ma negative outputs for lock/unlock
I have a 451m door lock relay laying around
How would I wire this up?
I'd think a "type a" 12+ pulse, but I'm not sure
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks,
Mike.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
You might be able to get priority unlock working by changing the Viper unlock settings back to single pulse instead of double pulse. If so it would require no changes inside the door. Not certain though so you should try it first. Menu 1, Item 5. change from option 2 back to option 1.
Steve G
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2020 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
That didn't do it
I suspected such, as the way it's wired now is simulating pressing the power lock button on the door, so it's single stage
Anyone have experience wiring two step unlock on Toyotas?
It seems like it should be so simple, yet it's difficult
I've got two wires on the door lock actuator, they both rest at ground, alternating positive pulse to lock/unlock, but you have to be supplying the other side a ground for it to work
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2020 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Not sure exactly how to wire the driver only relay but you can program the White/Violet wire to a 2nd unlock output in Menu 2 Item 7 Option 6.
Item 7. AUX 1 Output Type (White/Violet wire, 24-pin harness)
Option 6. 2nd Unlock: this output will operate as 2nd Unlock and will not activate for remote control commands.
Others on here may be able to help you with the exact relay wiring for your car. I think it's called 5 wire and may be elsewhere in the forum if you search.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: November 18, 2020 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
This might be the diagram you'd use for the wiring connections using the 451M
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/techdocs/document11614_0-5045_0.pdf?
How To Reinstate Two Step Unlock? ’06 Toyota Camry, Viper 4x06 - Last Post -- posted image.
I think you leave the lock wire where it currently is and just swap the current unlock output from 4x06 to feed the 451M blue wire on 3 pin harness. Then connect the 2nd unlock output White/Violet wire to the blue unlock all wire in the Camry.
How To Reinstate Two Step Unlock? ’06 Toyota Camry, Viper 4x06 - Last Post -- posted image.
Hopefully someone else can look this over and see if it looks correct.
Steve
Steve G

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic