the12volt.com spacer
icon

Boa 265B Remote Start Not Starting, 2001 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackace13 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2020 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
I just finished wiring up my BOA 265B. It’s not older unit but brand new and never installed. I’m having an issue with it not starting or being able to program. I checked all the wires and they all have the correct voltage. I know the unit is working. When I disconnect the unit I’m able to use my factory fob and works like it should. 1 click driver’s door and 2 clicks passenger side. When I plug the unit in it seem to be working as it should. Upon starting my 01 Ram with my key it automatically locks the doors. When I use my fob both doors lock and unlock simultaneously. The issue I’m having is that I’m unable to program my FOB for the Boa and unable to start it remotely. I used bulldog security’s diagram for the locations and the one issue I think I might be having is with the arm and disarm system. It states on their wiring diagram that a relay is needed and I believe this is the issue. Does anyone have a diagram on how the relay is wired? Since the Boa system is an older unit I cannot access their and is now owned by Directed and I can’t find any info on their site in regards to this system.
Boa 265B Remote Start Not Starting, 2001 Dodge Ram -- posted image.
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2020 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
It was actually sitting right in front of my nose.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2020 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Yeah I was about to ask if the link was not clickable on your end. Looks like you got it sorted though.
Steve G
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2020 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
Well I’m completely stumped and can’t figure out why it still isn’t working. I added another relay for the arm/disarm system as well as the 1500 Ohm resistor. There Is no bypass immobilizer needed for this year. Checked all my connects and all appear to have the proper voltage. All connections are soldered and heat shrinked. Checked double checked and tripled checked everything and all appears to me fine. Parking lights are also not coming and I’m unable to program the FOB. I know I have to be something stupid just can’t figure out what it could be.
From bulldog security wiring diagram it states that if factory relays are not to present to add two 775 relays. When I lock and unlock my doors it sounds like they’re are existing factory relays which is coming from the Body Control module. Could the extra relays be interfering with it? Boa 265B Remote Start Not Starting, 2001 Dodge Ram -- posted image.
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2020 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
After doing a little research it appears that I may need an additional 644 Ohm resister along with the 1500 Ohm I already added for the arm/disarm system? Now with being said on the door lock relays I’ve seen others wire it directly to the relays without adding resistors.
So I’m safe to the everything is correct just need an additional resistor or wire then directly to the relays?
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2020 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
Tried wiring the arm/disarm as in the pic above but still no luck.
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2020 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
Found another diagram from an older Avital unit. I don’t know if the factory arm/diagram is a negative plus or positive. According to the diagram above it would be a negative pulse since it showing ground. Not sure that the box with the line through it means and also an explanation of connectors 87, 87A and 30 are connected. 87 and 86 are constant 12v, 30 going to the vehicle arm/disarm, 85 to light green/black and what is 87A?
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2020 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
If you put the key in and turn it to on without starting it will it remote start via the boa remote?
A different test, Start truck using the key, press the Boa remote start button and after a few seconds turn the key off. Does it remain running?
Is your Ignition 1 Pink wire from the BOA going to the Ram BLUE (+) ignition wire? Please verify those colors specifically are connected with each other.
Is this the same manual you are working from? http://www.autotechs.com/boards/265B.pdf
Steve G
blackace13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2020 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blackace13
I have the pink/white going to blue and pink going to black/white.
That is correct, that is the same manual I’m working with.
I appreciate the help!
iskidoo 
Posted: December 03, 2020 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
blackace13 wrote:
I have the pink/white going to blue and pink going to black/white.
That may be the reason you can't program.
When programming, the BOA brain has to see 12v on the ignition 1 terminal. The vehicle wiring diagram shows Blue as the ignition 1 so it should be connected to pink. If black/white is 12v when the key is on then it may not matter that they are wired opposite. But if black/white does not show 12v when the key is on then you won't be able to program because the Ignition 1 pink wire is not seeing the 12v that tells it to go into programming mode.
Try swapping those 2 wires so pink goes to blue. It would be easier to just swap the 2 wire positions at the terminals that plug into the BOA rather than pull apart the connection at the vehicle harness wires. After swapping the ignition wire you may need to pull the 30amp fuses to reset the unit before trying the programming procedure again according to the manual.
Steve G
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic