the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Chevrolet Impala Not Charging With Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
plachagr8 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2021 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote plachagr8
I recently installed a Exalibur rs-x70 on my 08 impala LS and used a key in the box, for my imobalizer bypass. After the install I noticed the cars lights would be dim when using remote start. I also had to jump the car a few times. After some testing I figured out that it's not charging when using the remote start. When I put the key in and disable the Remote start. The battery charging volts jump from 12v to 13.5v
2008 Chevrolet Impala Not Charging With Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image. 2008 Chevrolet Impala Not Charging With Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image.
I have the pink/white and orange wire from remote start going to the Ignition harness on the car.
Not sure if I'm missing something here. I got my wire sheet from bulldog website.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2021 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Aside from the RS-X70 thick Pink/White and Orange wires, did you connect the Red and Red/White wires to +12V constant power? I would use this wire at the BCM shown below :
2008 Chevrolet Impala Not Charging With Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image.
If yes, verify the fuses, +12V at the Red and Red/White wires at the R/S plug and that the Pink/White and Orange wires have +12V output during a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
plachagr8 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2021 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote plachagr8
Thanks for your help kreg357. I double checked all the wires are the ignition. I switched my 12v supply to the wire you recommend and I also replaced my car battery just in case. Everything is working now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic