the12volt.com spacer
icon

Vehicle Prepping, Audio System, 2014 Kia Sportage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
longaccountname 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2021 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote longaccountname
Has anyone installed an aftermarket head unit in a 2014 Kia Sportage with the UVO system?
Before I bite off more than I can chew, I would like to ask if anyone has had any issues with removing the stock UVO system and replacing it with an aftermarket head unit.
My concerns are:
Does this cause a vehicle lockout? Does the theft system activate?
If so, if anyone has dealt with this, how did you bypass this?
Besides this, I am going to install a system that was maybe 2100-2400 RMS would I require an H.O Alt?
Or can I just do the big 3 and an upgraded underhood battery? I am looking around for a battery that will fit my vehicle but so far I have not yet found a battery for my vehicle. I am looking at XS Batteries and have emailed and called to find out about a replacement audio battery. From what I was told they do not currently sell a battery for my vehicle.
My vehicle is a 2014 Kia Sportage LX with the BCI 124R is the size under the hood. My vehicle does not have a stock subwoofer but has steering wheel controls.
The amplifiers are a Skar Audio SK1500.1dv1 and a JL JX 360/4.
My Subs are JL Audio 12w6v2 x2.
How relevant is running the power wires and RCAs on opposite sides of the vehicle now? Back when I was getting really getting into car audio (back in 09-13) I was always told to keep the RCAs/ speaker wires on the opposite side from the power wire. Can someone confirm this is true or now it does not really matter due to technological advances?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic