the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dodge Dakota, Remote Start Add On Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonharry 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2021 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonharry
Looking for a wiring down for adding an a vital 4003 remote start module to the OE security system.
Jharry
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2021 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
DAKOTA     2007-2011
KEY     T-HARNESS     IMMOBILIZER
CHRKEY4     N/A     CHRYSLER'S MULTIPLEX IGNITION/ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1
PART     COLOR     LOCATION     DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT     RED (+)     @ BATTERY or IPM, NOTE #2     
STARTER     SEE NOTE #1          
STARTER 2     SEE NOTE #1          
IGNITION 1     PINK/GRAY (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (BLACK, 6-PIN PLUG) PIN 3     
IGNITION 2     N/A          
IGNITION 3     N/A          
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1     SEE NOTE #1          
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2     N/A          
KEYSENSE     N/A          
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )     PINK/RED (-) thru a 1130 Ohm Resistor     @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (GRAY, 16-PIN PLUG) PIN 5     
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )     PINK/RED(+) (Left) and WHITE/ORANGE(+) (Right)     @ IPM, (BLACK, 20-IN PLUG) PINS 15 and 17, NOTE #2     
POWER LOCK     PURPLE/DARK GREEN (-) thru a 330 Ohm Resistor     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (GRAY, 16-PIN PLUG) PIN 3     
POWER UNLOCK     Use LOCK wire, (-) thru a 100 Ohm Resistor          
LOCK MOTOR WIRE     LT. GREEN (5-wire type)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (GRAY, 26-PIN PLUG) PIN 15     
DOOR TRIGGER     PURPLE (-)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (GRAY, 26-PIN PLUG) PIN 6     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     YELLOW/ORANGE (+)     @ INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (WHITE, 26-PIN PLUG) PIN 11     
TRUNK RELEASE     N/A          
SLIDING POWER DOOR     N/A          
HORN     DARK GREEN/PURPLE (-)     @ HORN SWITCH or INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, (GRAY, 26-PIN PLUG) PIN 10     
TACH     any wire NOT RED (AC)     @ Any FUEL INJECTOR     
WAIT TO START LIGHT     N/A          
BRAKE     WHITE/LIGHT BLUE (+)     @ BRAKE SWITCH or in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, Harness to Rear of Vehicle.     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM     DISARMS WITH FACTORY REMOTE ONLY!!          
ANTI-THEFT     CHRYSLER'S MULTIPLEX IGNITION/ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1          
NOTES
NOTE #1: This vehicle is Equipped with CHRYSLERS MULTIPLEXED IGNITION CIRCUIT/ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM that will require an INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE, Part # DBALL2 or XK09 for REMOTE STARTING
NOTE #2: THE IPM (INTEGRATED POWER MODULE) IS LOCATED IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, ON THE DRIVERS FENDER.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
jasonharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2021 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonharry
Thank you wirewise. Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
Jharry
jasonharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2021 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonharry
Another question, can I use an Xpresskit pkucg2x bypass module instead of the DBALL2 or theXK09 bypass module. I already purchased the PKUCG2X is the reason I ask.
Jharry
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2021 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I think the wiring info above is from Bulldog, which only offered the DBALL2 and XK09.
According to the directechs website, the PKUCG2X will work:
https://www.directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility?Category=5&ProductState=3&VehicleID=2232
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jasonharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2021 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonharry
Thanks again wirewise. Fixing to gather up all my wiring tools and jump into this remote start install head first.
Jharry
jasonharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2021 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jasonharry
Hey Wisewre, I haven’t had the chance to start the remote start module on my 07 Dakota yet, but I do have another question about the wiring. I was looking at another thread I came across , as I was looking around on this awesome forum and found another wiring diagram that says I need to diode isolate the (-) door wires for each door. The diagram that you found and the other I found are the same, except the diode isolation of the (-) door wires. Do some Dakotas have only one door wire and some have 4 ? I have the diodes, just was wondering if it was necessary.
Jharry

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic