the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Nissan Sentra, Wiring for Head Unit with Navigation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbran809 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2021 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbran809
Looking to swap an OEM Nissan head unit from a 2016 Sentra (Part #: 25915-4AF1A) for an OEM unit from a 2019 Sentra (Part #: 2591A-5UD0A) that has Carplay/Android Auto integration. Before I begin this endeavor, I need to determine how the wiring differs between the two vehicles and/or head units. Thanks in advance.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2021 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
does the new one have bose? if it does you would have to have the bose amp to run the speakers since its a "dead head" other than that I don't see why it wouldn't. Don't know if those radio are vin locked to the car like chevy radios are
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
jbran809 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2021 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jbran809
My 2016 (which I plan on installing the 2019 radio in) has factory installed Bose audio. Couldn't find any specific mention about VIN locking on the 2019 unit from google searches.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2021 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Nissan does not use any kind of security on their decks.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2021 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
probably be a problem since the amp is built into the new deck where the bose amp is separate on the current one. You shouldn't amplifie a amplified signal, will be very distorted at low volumes. You would have to use amp integrator (pac lp6-4) on the speakers to drop the power output so the amp and handle it. Or completely rewire and take out the bose amp but you loose sub. You will also have to add the gps antenna to the new radio since the current one doesn't have one. Your probably better off putting in a aftermarket deck
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2021 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
When installing an aftermarket radio into a Nissan with Bose, it never works properly with the aftermarket harness with the RCA inputs. We always use the one with speaker wires. I really do not see a problem with a bose to non bose or vice versa radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic