the12volt.com spacer
icon

ADS-Blade-AL Won’t Factory Disarm, 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vroom 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2021 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vroom
I have a 2008 eclipse and installed the blade-al in a cm7000 and it will lock and unlock the doors fine and the factory alarm gets armed when locked. (I can see the factory red led blinking) But when I unlock the car using the Compustar remote the factory alarm is still armed and the led still blinking. I have to use my factory key to disarm it.
This is the blade-al instructions, it is type 6 install:
https://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-MI2/BLADE-AL(DL)-MI2-EN_20210127.pdf
What I find strange is the instructions say do not connect the compustar factory disarm wire to the car and to connect the factory arm wire to the door trigger.
Thanks for any help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2021 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can't help much, don't do many Mitsubishi's.
The Arm signal going to the door trigger is for RAP shutdown.
On Page 2 of the install guide, there is this note at the bottom of the page :
* WARNING: if OEM alarm goes off, only OEM remote can silence it.
Unfortunately, the 2006-2012 Eclipse has the * on it. The same note is on the Type 6 wire diagram in a couple of places.
There might be a work-around but...
Hate to say it but it looks like the Fortin EVO-ALL can handle a 2008 Eclipse with Factory Alarm as they have specific wiring for Alarm Disarm using the Keysense wire.
Here is a link to the EVO-ALL install guide :
https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/7401/evo-all_ig_reg_bi_mit-eclipse_end_gal_2006-2013_reg_a_7401.pdf
Soldering is fun!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2021 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
If you are able to disarm the factory alarm using the key switch in the door, give this a try:
There should be 2 red/green (red w/green stripe) wires in the white 32 pin door harness plug in the driver’s kick.   The thinner one, on the side opposite of the white connector's locking tab, will unlock and disarm. This is the wire you want to use for unlock from the remote start.
The first negative pulse on this wire will disarm and unlock the driver’s door; the second pulse will unlock the other door.   This is the wire from the door key switch. The green/red (green w/red stripe) in the ads guide is from the power door unlock switch.   
You can test for the correct wire while turning the key in the door cylinder.   
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
vroom 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2021 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vroom
I fixed the problem. I overlooked the software setting for oem remote ads. I enabled that feature on a pc and that fixed it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic