the12volt.com spacer
icon

Aftermarket Turn Signal Switch for LEDs On UTV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wowbw7 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2021 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wowbw7
can someone direct me to where I might get help with a 7-wire aftermarket turn signal switch? I added 1 to my UTV, independent of oem wiring harness. checked and double checked everything, grounds, 3-prong electronic flasher, and can find no faults. am wondering if the electronic flashing unit requires a certain amount of resistance to operate. my 4 corner lights are small leds but was told the elctronic flasher doesn't need much resistance to operate. somebody help?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2021 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Any info about the switch... installation instructions, part number, brand?
wowbw7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2021 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wowbw7
it's this guy here.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y644XHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wiring is pretty straight forward, 4 wires for individual lights, a hot(+) wire, 2 wires go to 3-pin flasher, 1 wire to the brake switch, which I am not using since I didn't tap into the OEM wiring harness. 3rd prong on flasher goes to ground. thanks for taking a look, much appreciate any help I can get
wowbw7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2021 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wowbw7
third wire from flasher goes to (+) not ground. my bad
wowbw7 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2021 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wowbw7
I found the problem. the red,black,& blue wires at the flasher socket were wired incorrectly at the factory. I pulled them out, inserted them in the correct hole and BINGO! I got lights! thanks for taking a look anyway

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic