the12volt.com spacer
icon

2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeyleemac 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2021 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeyleemac
2020 Nissan Kicks S
I’m just wondering has anybody tried to identify each wire in both the S trim level and SV/SR trim level? I purchased a head unit out of a SR model. Everything plugs up except for the antenna which I think can be modded to fit. The plug is slightly different. The USB and the main two white plugs connect with out issue. The head unit powers up and works. The USB in the center console works. The overhead Bluetooth mics, back up cam and steering wheel controls do not. I’m trying to figure out is it simply that the plug/harness needs to be re-wired? Or does the head unit need to be updated? Does there need to be one of those canbus things to interpret? Or is it simply just not compatible? 2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System -- posted image. 2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System -- posted image. Not real sure of the validity of this pic from a seicane head unit harness, but I saved it in my research. 2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System -- posted image.
Edit: Not sure it matters but from what I’ve figured out the S model head unit is made by Panasonic. Where as the SV/SR model is made by Bosch.
Nissan Kicks S 2020
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2021 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
We had a 2020 rogue in the shop a few weeks back. It had a different antenna plug than the usual 40NI12. We did let them know that there is a different plug out there. They are looking into it.
mikeyleemac 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2021 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeyleemac
The Antenna plug I think will just be simply using a hobby knife and a little dremel action to remove a little “wall” and one “channel” that it slips into. If you look inside the plug and compare the “innards” are all the same. What’s really got me stumped is it’s basically a “factory upgrade” except the factory Bluetooth mics, back cam and steering wheel controls don’t work. You’d think it’d be universal across trim levels of the same model. Not the case here.
Nissan Kicks S 2020
mikeyleemac 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2021 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeyleemac
Got the pin outs for the harnesses. Both the S trim and the SV trim. Verified some of the pins that will coincide with the male to female harness adapter I’m building. Will up upload what I have. Maybe some will have an answer or two on what does what On the pins I don’t know will cross over to new harness. ...and either way maybe this will help someone later. 2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System -- posted image.
Pins I think I’ve verified highlighted. Pins I think aren’t valid in my scenario are marked out. 2020 Nissan Kicks S with SV Infotainment System -- posted image.
Nissan Kicks S 2020
mikeyleemac 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2021 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeyleemac
My questions are:
Is “ILL” and “ILL CONT” the same?
Since the Bosch technically works when the ignition is on is “IGN” necessary or does it do something completely different?
“CAMERA DET” what is is it? For back cam or birds eye view cam?
Is a reverse signal needed on the Bosch since there isn’t a pin out for it even though there’s a “REVERSE” pin out for the Panasonic?
What is “MR OUTPUT”?
The canbus pin outs that I have marked out are for what I suspect is info that’s available on the higher level trims like mpg and the like.
Nissan Kicks S 2020
mikeyleemac 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2021 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeyleemac
From my research IGN, CAMERA DET (which isn’t even pinned in my stock harness) and MR OUTPUT aren’t needed.
I still have yet to verify REVERSE (being that the Bosch unit doesn’t pin out for it) and ILL CONT ( there’s no pin out for this but there is for ILL)
Any body with better expertise wanna weigh in? Help would be much appreciated! 😀
Nissan Kicks S 2020
edgii 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edgii
mikeyleemac wrote:
From my research IGN, CAMERA DET (which isn’t even pinned in my stock harness) and MR OUTPUT aren’t needed.
I still have yet to verify REVERSE (being that the Bosch unit doesn’t pin out for it) and ILL CONT ( there’s no pin out for this but there is for ILL)
Any body with better expertise wanna weigh in? Help would be much appreciated! 😀
Hello friend, any update about the wirng diagram? I can't activate the reverse camera in my kicks with the radio bosch 40 pin

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic