the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Directed Electronics 504K Shock Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nozzletov 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2021 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nozzletov
Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. From what you are explaining, the blue wire on the shock sensor should allow the shock sensor to send the same trigger signal to the bcm when the shock sensor is activated. I’m pretty much back to square one with my original hook up. The red led light on the shock sensor is flashing to indicate the sensor is in alarm mode, not valet mode. When I bump the sensor the green led light on the sensor lights up, which means the sensor has been activated and should be sending out a signal to trigger the factory alarm. Now I don’t get the alarm, or the interior lights. As far as I can tell I have a good ground and constant power connection. I guess the bcm is not satisfied with the signal being sent out by the shock sensor.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2021 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
nozzletov wrote:
which means the sensor has been activated and should be sending out a signal to trigger the factory alarm. Now I don’t get the alarm, or the interior lights.
Make sure you have the correct wire by making sure it shows voltage with the door closed and 0v with the door open, and then test the wire by manually grounding it while the door is closed and the alarm is armed. If you have the correct wire the alarm and interior lights should come on. If you confirm that you have the correct wire and you can manually trigger the alarm but the shock sensor still doesn't work then the sensor either doesn't output a long enough signal or a strong enough ground.
nozzletov 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2021 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nozzletov
That makes sense. I will give it a shot this weekend when I get a chance to open the door up again. When you say manually ground the wire, I am guessing that I will need to touch the end of the wire lead that is t-tapped off the tan/red directly to a bare metal chassis ground to get the alarm to go off. I just want to make sure I have the manual grounding procedure correct. Thank you for the advice.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2021 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
nozzletov wrote:
When you say manually ground the wire, I am guessing that I will need to touch the end of the wire lead that is t-tapped off the tan/red directly to a bare metal chassis ground to get the alarm to go off. I just want to make sure I have the manual grounding procedure correct.
Correct
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic