the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 350 Plus 3105V, 2018 Honda Civic Lx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joseph58 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2021 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joseph58
Hello everyone, I'm installing Viper 350 PLUS 3105V alarm on a 2018 Honda Civic Lx. The alarm has 2 wires for either a + or - Door Trigger Input. The problem for me is, my Civic has 4 different Door Trigger Input wires for each of the 4 doors, not a single one as the alarm expects. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
-Joseph
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2021 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
All four Civic door trigger wires are (-) and will be connected to the Vipers (-) Door Trigger input wire. You must use four 1N4001 diodes to isolate the four door trigger wires before you combine them into one wire for the Viper connection.   This prevents cross talk between the four doors. Your Civic probably has a Instrument Cluster display that will show you exactly which door is open. Without the isolating diodes, one door open will display all doors being open. This site has a write up on Diodes with diagrams. You can get a ten pack of 1N4001 diodes from several online sites like EBay or Amazon for less than $4. When installing the diodes, the band goes toward the Civic, away from the Viper.
Soldering is fun!
joseph58 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2021 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joseph58
kreg357,
Would you mind please pointing me to the "write up on Diodes with diagrams"?
Is this the correct diode? FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR 1N4001 DIODE, STANDARD, 1A, 50V, DO-41
Thank you very much for your help!!
joseph58 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2021 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joseph58
kreg357,
I found the information here: https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp
I can't thank you enough for your expert advice!!
Cheers.
joseph58 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2021 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joseph58
Hello everyone,
Alarm works, except one annoying issue!
My car has 3 lock/unlock wires:
1) Power Lock
2) Power Unlock (passenger doors)
3) Power Unlock (Driver door)
Wired to Power Lock - WORKS
Wired to Power Unlock (passenger doors) - WORKS
----but I want to disarm unlocking ONLY drivers door----
Wired to Power Unlock (Driver door) - TRIGGERS HORN BEEPING - only way to stop it is to Unlock using Key Unlock
Double checked wiring, it all looks good according to my 2018 Alarm Wiring from this site.
Your advice would be really appreciated!
+++ 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V +++
UPDATE:
RESOLVED!!
The issue was caused by a Honda theft-deterrent system.
If the door is not unlocked by pressing the unlock button on
the RKE transmitter, the theft-deterrent system will activate by sounding horn and flashing lights if door is opened.
To keep things simple, the alarm remote will be used to activate alarm (locking all 4 doors) and deactivating by unlocking only the passenger doors. Honda key remote will be used to unlock drivers door.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2021 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t&t tech
This issue can be resolved by locating the factory alarm disarm wire and connecting it to the unlock wire via two 1 amp diodes. One diode with band away from control module wired to the factory disarm wire, and the other diode to the unlock trigger wire band facing away from the alarm module.
joseph58 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2021 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joseph58
The key here is, locating the factory alarm disarm wire!?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic