the12volt.com spacer
icon

1991 BMW 850i, Viper DS4+

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
petejk 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2021 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petejk
I’ve just purchased a Viper DS4+ from Best Buy, which I want to install in my 1991 BMW 850i. I’m aware that I will need to return to the store to have them enable a couple of features, such as Smartstart, which I also purchased, but I want to tackle the wiring myself, as I have worked on every other part of the car myself.
What I’m hoping someone who has a Directed account may be able to send me is the wiring sheet (if it exists) for my car.
I’ve looked at the sheet here on the12volt.com, https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/322.html which seems pretty complete, but if there’s an official, or more complete sheet, that would be awesome.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Directechs does not have the 8 series listed for that year.
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2021 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
I would not attempt to make this a DIY....especially if you have little to no security/remote start experience.
petejk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2021 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petejk
Ok thanks for checking. I was hoping that there might be something for the early 8 series (pre 09/92), particularly regarding the central locking wire colors/location.
petejk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2021 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petejk
audiokid1 wrote:
I would not attempt to make this a DIY....especially if you have little to no security/remote start experience.
This is probably my best option - although I really wanted to at least mount the brain in place under the passenger side dash where there is room, and run the wires myself.
petejk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petejk
Hi,
I'm hoping to get a sanity check on my ignition wiring connections to my DS4+ H2 harness.
I've checked the ignition wiring information available on this site (my 850i is a 1991) and the wires listed are:
Constant 12V+    Red     Ignition Switch Harness
Starter          Black/Yellow or Black Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition        Green  Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory        Purple  Ignition Switch Harness
I'm thinking these will correspond with:
H2/1      N/A No Connection     
H2/2      Red/Black          (+) 12 Volt Input (Accessory/Starter relay)      Purple        Ignition Switch Harness
H2/3      Pink/Black        Relay N.C. – (+) Flex Relay Isolation, pin 87a                
H2/4      Pink/White        Relay COM – (+) Flex Relay Output                
H2/5      Red (+) 12 Volt Input (Ignition relay)               Green          Ignition Switch Harness
H2/6      Green              Relay COM – Starter Input (connector side)       Black/Yellow   Ignition Switch Harness
H2/7      Violet             Relay N.C. – (+) Starter Output (vehicle side)   Black/Yellow   Ignition Switch Harness
H2/8      Orange             Relay COM – (+) Accessory Output                
H2/9      Red/White          (+) 12 Volt Input (Flex relay)               
H2/10     PinkRelay COM – (+) Ignition Input/Output            Red            Ignition Switch Harness
Thanks,
Pete
petejk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2021 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote petejk
So having realized that the DS4+ installation manual is more limited than the 5706v, for the purposes of understanding the Relay Harness connections, I think I'm closer to understanding what needs to be connected where.
And no, I haven't touched the car yet! - that's a job for next weekend.
+12v inputs are H2/2, H2/5, H2/9. I'm assuming I should tie these together to the car's red 12v constant wire at the Ignition Switch Harness
H2/6 and H2/7 starter input/output to and from car's Black/Yellow starter wire
H2/8 is the accessory output to the car's Purple accessory wire
H2/10 to the car's Green ignition wire

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic