the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Toyota Corolla, Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mary213 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
Can some one help me identify which wires are for what on a toyota corolla 2009 ? There 4 harness with the some with the same colors
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Welcome. In the words of another member, "What are you trying to do?"
What kind of information are you trying to find (stereo, alarm, etc.)? Is this for a key start, or a push button start? Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? Keep in mind that any information you find should only be used as a guide until you have verified with a meter.
If you haven't read this thread, I would highly recommend it first. It pertains to stereo, but the detailed process explains how to verify wiring with a meter:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=74637
Other potentially helpful links:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehiclewiring/2/yeard/Toyota.html
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2009-2010/toyota/corollajapanandusacanversions/1977.html
Fortin.ca
https://fortin.ca/download/81121/evo-all_ig_reg_bi_toy-corolla-key_2009-2010_a_81121.pdf
https://www.idatalink.com/
modified life (.com)
This is probably overkill, but these are good learning resources:
http://www.talkingelectronics.com/te_interactive_index.html
http://www.bcae1.com/
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mary213 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
I'm trying to install an after market stereo.The harness I bought doesn't fit the after market stereo .So I don't know which wire colors coming from the car belong to speakers or illuminations. I found this diagram what does the TLMT stand for ? 2009 Toyota Corolla, Stereo Wiring -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Do not cut the harness off of your car. If you have not, and that is an exact diagram of the back of your factory radio, purchase a Metra 70-1761 and call it a day.
mary213 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2021 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
I already cut wires.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 29, 2021 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I have to guess that it is the Smart Key version.
If so
Radio 12V      lt. blue      +      radio, white 10 pin plug, pin 4 or white 20 pin plug, pin 1           
Radio Ground      brown      -      radio, white 10 pin plug, pin 7 or white 20 pin plug, pin 20           
Radio Ignition      gray      +      radio, white 10 pin plug, pin 3 or white 20 pin plug, pin 11           
Radio Illumination      green (parking lights); white (dimmer)      +,-      radio, white 10 pin plug, pin 10; white 6 pin plug, pin 5           Notes
Power Antenna      beige (USA/CAN made); orange (JPN made)      +      radio, white 10 pin plug, pin 8 or white 20 pin plug, pin 13           
Left Front Speaker (+/-)      pink - violet      +,-      radio, white 10 pin plug, pins 2 - 6           Notes
Right Front Speaker (+/-)      lt. green - blue      +,-      radio, white 10 pin plug, pins 1 - 5           Notes
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)      black - yellow      +,-      radio, white 6 pin plug, pins 2 - 6           Notes
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)      red - white      +,-      radio, white 6 pin plug, pins 1 - 3           Notes
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)      white - red      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 17 - 16           
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)      black - red      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 15 - 16           
Satellite Radio 12 Volts      lt. blue      +      Satellite Radio in right side of trunk, white 12 pin plug, pin 12           
Satellite Radio Ground      brown      -      Satellite Radio in right side of trunk, white 12 pin plug, pin 7           
Satellite Radio Ignition      pink (USA/CAN made); gray (JPN made)      +      Satellite Radio in right side of trunk, white 12 pin plug, pin 11           
Satellite Radio Antenna      (coaxial cable)                     
Satellite Audio Left (+/-)      red - green      +,-      Satellite Radio in right side of trunk, white 12 pin plug, pins 4 - 5           
Satellite Audio Right (+/-)      black - white      +,-      Satellite Radio in right side of trunk, white 12 pin plug, pins 2 - 3           
mary213 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
Thank you but I don't have a smart key corolla.I actually have toyota corolla 2009 LE
Can you please help me
mary213 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
I connected the factory radio harness back to the wires from car the once I cut off but now I think dimmer light on the factory radio turns on and off on its own when the head lights are on .I ended up putting the factory radio back on till I figure out the radio installment kit .Once again the dimmer lights are turning off and on on the radio .Does that mean there's a shortage .Please help
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 03, 2021 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Go purchase a metra 70-1761 wiring harness. If your new radio does not have an illumination wire (Orange-White) then no need to fix your illumination issue. If it does have an illumination wire, connect it and see how the new radio reacts. When you turn the lights on the radio should dim a bit.
mary213 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2021 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mary213
OK , what will cause the climate control and shift light not to work ?When I turn on the head lights The Illumination lights on the factory radio don't turn on ? How can fix this ? Can you walk threw the process if I give my email then I can give u my number
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic