the12volt.com spacer
icon

Using A Remote Starter Not As Intended.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brcidd
Seems I have a few remote starter kits around from cars that no longer are on the road. Used a 12v power supply to constantly power the brain and then I made my front driveway gate open and shut by pressing the start button just once when I approach the gate. Pretty easy, I mounted a used garage door opener inside a nearby shed and ran a cable out through a couple pulleys that pulls open my springloaded gate and then allows it to close 47 seconds later. I programmed the remote start to "lock" on start signal and to also "lock" on remote start abort (3 tries and no voltage rise and/or no tach signal and it aborts) I used the tach sensor feature to purposely see no tach signal to force the abort start feature- hence "locking" what it thinks are doors, but rather just a simple relay that triggers the "door open" function of the garage door opener wall button. No more having to get outside the vehicle to open/close the front gate.   Oh- and I have four remotes programmed for all four of the family vehicles. Been working fine now for 7+ years. Kind of backwards though.. The remote starter brain is stationary- mounted outside the car (in a shed) and the push-button remotes are in the cars!!
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2021 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
that's pretty cool. We use to take a spare garage door opener and pull the circuit board and hardwire the aux channel from the old vipers so customers just hit the aux button and it would open/close there garage doors
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic