the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Ford Ranger, Python 5706P

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
partridgebrad 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2021 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
This is my 2011 ford ranger remote start diagram. What I posted earlier is how I was told to wire it up. Does not match
12 VOLT CONSTANT      RED (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG, PIN 2
STARTER      BLUE/WHITE (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG, PIN 5
STARTER 2      N/A     
IGNITION 1      WHITE/ORANGE (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG, PIN 1
IGNITION 2      N/A     
IGNITION 3      N/A     
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1      BROWN/YELLOW (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG, PIN 8
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2      PURPLE/GREEN (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH, GRAY 13-PIN PLUG, PIN 3
KEYSENSE      N/A     
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      N/A     
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )      PURPLE/WHITE (+)      @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or SJB, BLACK 22-PIN PLUG(D), PIN 5, SEE NOTE #2
POWER LOCK      GRAY/YELLOW (TYPE B)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or SJB, BLACK 32-PIN PLUG(C), PIN 5, SEE NOTE #2
POWER UNLOCK      PURPLE/GRAY (TYPE B)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or SJB, BLACK 32-PIN PLUG(C), PIN 9, SEE NOTE #2
DOOR TRIGGER      GREEN/PURPLE (-)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or SJB, BLACK 32-PIN PLUG(C), PIN 6, SEE NOTE #2
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION      GREEN/BLUE (+)      @ SJB, BLACK 32-PIN PLUG(C), PIN 8, SEE NOTE #2
TRUNK RELEASE      N/A     
SLIDING POWER DOOR      N/A     
HORN      YELLOW/LT.GREEN ot YELLOW/RED (-)      @ HORN SWITCH or SJB, BLACK 22-PIN PLUG(D), PIN 12, SEE NOTE #2
TACH      Any wire NOT BROWN/WHITE (AC)      @ ANY FUEL-INJECTOR
WAIT TO START LIGHT      N/A     
BRAKE      PURPLE/WHITE (+)      @ BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH
FACTORY ALARM DISARM      N/A     
ANTI-THEFT      FORDS TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT, SEE NOTE #1      @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE #1: This vehicle is equipped with a Special Anti-theft key, to remote start you will need a Bypass module 791, use this module IF you have a extra ignition key to place inside the 791 to remote start, if you do not have an extra key to use or wish not to have a key placed inside this bypass module, we OFFER a KEYLESS INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE that does not require a key to be placed inside the bypass module, this is Part # PKALL or PKFM, either one will work, to order, go to the INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE PAGE on this website. NOTE #2: The SJB,(SMART JUCTION BOX) is located in the PASSENGER KICK.
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2021 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, sadly enough, it was I that posted that 5706 to 2011 Ford Ranger wire to wire chart at your request. Of course, as part of that post, I preceded it with the below comments because of the wire color issues you were running into on your truck.
Considering the issues you've encountered, this is a big ask of questionable value.
If truck has any possible issues these should be cured before adding an aftermarket system.
You have also noted several discrepancies between the available wire listings from a couple of manufacturers and your particular vehicle.
I believe 2011 was the last year of production for that model so I doubt they spent any money to make changes or updates.
The below info is supplied using data from quality sources but as most installers will admit, each and every wire must be verified with a Digital Multi Meter.
This wire verification is even more important due to the discrepancies noted so far.
I asked for clarification on the your question about a Black/Red wire so I could assist. You replied with my prior post with the entire 5706 to 2011 Ford Ranger listing. I still couldn't find any Black/Red wire and asked for assistance and next you did a cut and paste of the Bulldog Security wire guide for your vehicle. Still nothing about the Black/Red wire but a comment that my list does not match the Bulldog Security guide. According to your post #23 above, everything is connected and working except the R/S because you can't get into 5706 Programming Mode to make necessary changes and test the R/S.
I'm not really sure how to proceed. Black/Red wire? Viper Programming Mode? Remote Start problem?
Yes, you are correct, the Bulldog Security wire guide does not match the info I provided. My previous suggestion still stands, you must use a DMM to locate, test and verify every wire you plan to use in your truck prior to making the actual physical connection. Because your truck does not natch the info from several quality published sources, you should list your current wire connections and ask specific questions on any wires or problems you encounter.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2021 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
I got the remote start to work finally. Two issues unresolved now.When my truck starts only one of my two accessories are activating. Once I am in and step on the brake everything is activated. Also no domelight when. Passenger door is openk
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2021 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Issue 1 - "no domelight when. Passenger door is openk"
Going by this post by you from the end of the other Thread it would appear that this is similar to the vehicle problem previously encountered.
"Well I pulled everything out considering the Python will be here soon. My only issue is the dome light does not come on with the drivers door only.works on all other 3. I will have to tackle this before I install anything. What a headache. Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated"
Here is another time a complete wire by wire connection list might help. How are you monitoring the door triggers? Anything connected to the Passenger Door Trigger wire?
Issue 2 - "When my truck starts only one of my two accessories are activating. Once I am in and step on the brake everything is activated"
I'm guessing now (because you didn't post your actual 5706 wire connections) that you are R/S'ing the engine and putting a DMM on the two vehicle ACC wires. While your trucks actual wire color might be different both Bulldog Security and my questionable wire list suggest that they are Brown/Yellow and Purple/Green ( aka Violet/Green ). My wire connection guide has the 5706 thick Orange wire connected to the Brown/Yellow wire and the thick Pink/White Flex relay wire connected to the Violet/Green wire.
Is this how you have it wired? Which wire is not getting power during R/S run time?
If it's the Pink/White to Violet/Green wire, double check the 5706 programming. Specifically Menu 3, Feature 8. It should be set to Option 2. If it was set to Option 3, you would be getting that indication of no output during R/S run time. Also verify that the Red/White wire has power and the fuse is good.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2021 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
OK that should probably wrap it up. I was gonna try that exact thing.Ill let you know how it turns out. And just for giggles on my truck the brake wire is actually O/B not P/W. Very odd
Brad Partridge
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2021 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
OK the P/B+ wire in the 10pin harness for the flex input relay. Why is it not connected.
Brad Partridge
kreg357 
Posted: October 08, 2021 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The short answer is that it is not needed for your application.
The long answer requires a operational explanation on how the 5706 and a relay works.
The 5706 is a high end unit. It was designed to be very flexible and have the ability to interface many different vehicle applications. For the standard vehicle, the 5706 has 4 built in high current relays to supply power to the vehicles ignition circuits. It has a dedicated Starter, Ignition and Accessory output. These outputs can be thought of as Pin 30 on a standard SPST relay. IE : when ON they will output +12V. The fourth output is the Flex relay. To allow maximum capability for any vehicle requirement, it has relay Pins 30, 87 and 87a available. Pin 30 is the Pink/White Output. Pin 87 is the Red/White Input wire. Pin 87a is the Pink/Black Input wire. For your 2011 Ranger application you have two standard Accessory type wires. The Brown/Yellow Accessory wire is handled by the 5706's Orange wire. The Rangers ACC2 wire is Violet/Green and needs a simple +12V just like the ACC1 wire. So, for this application, the Flex relay needs +12V Input on the Red/White wire which gets sent to the Pin 30 output Pink/White wire under 5706 control. The Pin 87a Pink/Black is not needed and not used. Menu 3, Feature 8 is programmed to control the Flex Relay Pink/White output. In your case, you program it for Option 2 to act as an Accessory type output.
This site has a nice section on Relay Theory of Operation. You can review that for more info.
Example of when the Pink/Black wire might be needed/used :
Some vehicles will throw an error code if they see an ignition wire go to +12V when they don't control/expect it. In this rare case, the 5706 Flex Relay can be wired using the Pin 87a Pink/Black wire to isolate the vehicle ignition switch during a remote start. This way the vehicle won't get upset and generate a CEL due to a Remote Start up.
Soldering is fun!
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2021 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
My python 5706p has been installed on my 2011 Ford Ranger Sport for about 2 months now. I don't know why but the door trigger, the hood pin and the brake shutdown have quit working. I can remote start truck but it will not shut off with the brake and when arming. I no longer get the door ajar warning. I can start truck with the hood up also. Any ideas or is this fried?.i would appreciate any feedback. Thank you
Brad Partridge
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2021 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
On my 2011 Ford Ranger Sport with the python 5706p installed everything was working fine. Now the brake will not engage on remote startup, door trigger does not recognize door open and engine switch does not work. Is my brain fried or does anybody have any information. Much appreciated. Thank you
Brad Partridge
partridgebrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2021 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote partridgebrad
My 2011 ford ranger sport factory security led starts blinking rapidly when attempting to start with the python 5706p and dosent. It tries 3 times and then dosent flash the lights to report the reason why. Also when truck was starting brake was not disengaging.
Brad Partridge
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic