the12volt.com spacer
icon

iDatalink T-Harness, ADS-ALCA, Viper 3305V, 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rainman1961 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2021 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rainman1961
I will double-check those things, thanks. I definitely didn't think about ADS versus DBI.
Just to clarify: I gather from the responses that a D2D connection should allow--when all installed correctly--for locking/unlocking from the Viper remotes. It's not a case where a separate wire has to be tapped into a door lock wire. Thanks again.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2021 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, according to the CH5 Install Guide, the module will handle Lock, Unlock, Arm and Disarm ( among other things ) via the D2D connection. I've done a few and it works well.
Basically the Viper sends those commands to the ADS AL-CA through the D2D harness and the DBI CH5 firmware accepts those commands, converts them to CAN language and passes them along to the vehicle via its' CAN Bus connection. The vehicle must have Factory Power Locks. Alarm control happens if the vehicle also has the Factory Alarm system.
The only thing you are missing is the Parking Lights. Just set the Viper to (+) Parking Light output and run the White wire to this vehicle wire :
PARKING LIGHT (+)......WHITE/PURPLE.........In passenger kick panel
Does the R/S function work?
Soldering is fun!
rainman1961 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2021 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rainman1961
I don't have a remote start. I had no interest in a remote starter actually. I bought the module to simply installing the Viper alarm. I thought: buy the module, buy the T-Harness--it will be a snap. Hasn't quite worked out. As I said though, the alarm seems to work fine. It arms, disarms, goes off when armed and I open the door. If I get it all set (locking issue I mean) then I will splice in the starter cut-off relay that came with the Viper. Wanted to get it going first though. Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2021 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK. My R/S question really had to do with the DBI vs ADS D2D comm situation. The R/S won't work if you flash ADS firmware and try to talk D2D with a Viper ( DBI ) system.
Soldering is fun!
rainman1961 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2021 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rainman1961
As a followup: the above advice worked. The viper remote now controls the doors. This forum was incredibly helpful, thanks. I don't think installing these things is exactly nuclear physics, but the absence of information makes it arduous to do so. I'd like to put one in my other cars but I'd like to choose a model that: I can flash myself, works with a T-harness that I can actually buy, includes a remote start and an alarm, it 'all just' works together. Any recommendations?
kreg357 
Posted: November 09, 2021 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For the best recommendation, the Year, Make and Model of vehicle would help. Some vehicles work best with certain R/S brands and not all vehicles are supported with a T-Harness.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic