the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dome Light Supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pig89 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2021 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pig89
Hi,
The dome light supervision has not been used on my alarm for a long period of time, however I have recently bought a relay and intended on activating it. Just before connecting the relay, I attached a multimeter to the negative dome output from the alarm, and the other one on the positive terminal on the battery. I armed and disarmed the system several times, and also used the CliffNet software with the ‘turn on/off interior light’ button, but the dome output wire is always staying at 12V, whether armed or disarmed, ignition on or off.
Any ideas what might be wrong? Could the transistor or something which runs the dome output be defective? Could it then be repaired?
Kind Regards
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2021 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Multimeters are high-impedance and can give false readings when used in this way. Re-test with a test light or your relay - something that can flow current.
pig89 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pig89
Hi,
I tried it and the dome light will not trigger the relay. All other connections to the relay have been verified as fine. The alarm in question has two wires, one of which is the ignition input and is white/brown, the other being the dome light, which is brown/white. I briefly remember getting the ignition one the wrong way round on installation, so may have briefly sent +12V up the negative dome wire trigger. It was only for a very short period of time until I realised the mistake, but I’m wondering if this possibly could have damaged an item in the alarm which runs the dome light supervision.
Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic