the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Remote Start Won’t Start Car After Key Reseed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2021 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is a link to the current ADS AL-CA w/TL1 firmware guide. http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-TL1/DBI-AL(DL)-TL1-EN_20140604.pdf
On Page 13 is the programming steps for a Type 1 install. It looks like everything goes well until Step 8. Not sure how long the wait is but the LED is supposed to go solid Green for 2 seconds and out. This is assuming the Camry has an immobilizer. From your mention that the engine will R/S with a key in the ignition switch but not turned, it sounds like you have an immobilizer and the bypass didn't learn/save that info during programming for use during a R/S.
At this point, I would double check the ADS AL-CA wire connections to the vehicles' RX and RX wires. This is shown on Page 6 for the Type 1 install.
Additionally, they ADS AL-CA programming steps could have changed over the years. I'm not sure how long ago your system was flashed/installed and what Version of Firmware was used. It might be a good idea to check all the wiring on the ADS AL-CA and the Viper (thin wires) to get a better idea of how your install was done.
Soldering is fun!
grego773 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2021 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote grego773
You are the best! Literally the last time I was going to try too 🙃. As you know there are two program modes. Mode 1 = 1 green flash. Mode 2 = 2 green flash. After reset we press and hold until green lights for 2 secs. That put me in Mode 1. I needed Mode 2. I either pressed the button 2x until flashing grn 2x, than I pressed and held til stayed green for 2 secs OR I pressed and held for 2 secs and than pressed and held for 2 secs again to enter Mode 2. I think I pressed the button 2x first right after reset. Than when the led was blinking 2x for Mode 2, I pressed and held the button for until green lit for 2 secs and stayed off. Than follow rest of the steps. Insert key, turn,remove wait 5 secs and insert without turning. Thank you so much. Happy holidays! The best part is figuring it out.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic