the12volt.com spacer
icon

Idatalink ADS-ALCA, 2008 Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phill_667 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2021 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
I'm installing a remote start in my 2008 Ram using the ADS-ALCA. Everything is hooked up, double and triple checked all my connections. When I try to select the installation mode the LED flashes red slowly, pressing the programming button doesn't seem to do anything.
I feel like there's something obvious I'm missing, hopefully someone has an idea.
Thanks for any help
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2021 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Try doing a Factory Reset first. The Factory Reset won't delete the flashed CH5 firmware and will bring you right into the Mode Selection, if you wait a few seconds after Step 5 you will see the LED start doing the single Green blink pattern.
Soldering is fun!
phill_667 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2021 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
Thanks for the reply. I tried the factory reset, same problem with the light blinking red slowly.
Would it act this way if the place I bought it from has forgotten to flash it?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2021 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
That was my next guess. Wasn't sure if you flashed it yourself. They usually come with CH4 from the factory. Check the side of the box for a White label. With some/any flavor of firmware you should be able to set the Installation Mode.
Soldering is fun!
phill_667 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2021 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
Nope didn't flash it myself, it was supposed to be flashed by the place I bought it from. Don't have the cable or an account for that.
Here's a picture of that label on the box.
Idatalink ADS-ALCA, 2008 Ram -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: December 06, 2021 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Looks like it came from the factory without any firmware. The Installation Selection results are confirming that. Hopefully the place you got it from will do the flash for you. If not you will have to get an ADS USB cable and do it yourself.
Soldering is fun!
phill_667 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2021 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
Ok that makes sense. Place i got it from is a bit of a drive away and I have another one to install so I may go ahead and buy the cable. Any idea if the ADS USB ECO will work?
Thanks for all the help and sorry for all the questions
kreg357 
Posted: December 06, 2021 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
ADS USB ECO ?
Depending on the brand of R/S system you are using, remember that there are 2 flavors of CH-5 firmware. The DBI version is for D2D with Directed DBI devices.
Soldering is fun!
phill_667 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2021 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
Alright I ordered the ADS USB, should have everything worked out soon enough. Thanks for all the help, I'd still be looking at it and scratching my head without it!
phill_667 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2021 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote phill_667
It's finally done! Cable showed up, flashed the module and everything is working great. Thanks for all the help.
I do have one more question- is there a way to have it turn on my heated mirrors when I use the remote start?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic