the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Stellar Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
millrhet8428 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2022 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millrhet8428
Hello, I am currently installing a stellar STERS1050 remote start on a 2004 Ford Explorer sport trac. I got everything hooked up just have trouble figuring out the negative input activation. Currently trying to use existing keyless entry fob. I read that I needed diode isolate pink/light green wire along with pink/yellow, which I have currently done so. And no luck, no lights on dash nothing when using key fob. I know if I tap the neg input activation wire 3 times on a ground the truck fires right up correctly so I know my bypass transponder is working correctly. Just scratching my head of what I have done wrong. Any input what so ever will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
John
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
The PK/LG and PK/YE wires are from the door switch to the VSM (Vehicle Security Module). Nothing happens on them when you use the key fob. You need to use the driver's door lock motor wire (+) and invert the polarity to (-) for the STERS1050 negative activation input.
millrhet8428 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millrhet8428
Do you know how to invert the positive to negative?
John
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Convert a Positive Output to a Negative Output Relay Wiring Diagram
You MAY get away with just connecting the STERS1050 negative activation input to the drivers door lock motor (+) wire as it rests at ground and pulses to positive when the lock motor is activated to lock. The STERS1050 may or may not like having a constant negative/ground on the activation wire. If it doesn't then the above link is the solution.
millrhet8428 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millrhet8428
Do you know which wire that would be? The diagram I have shows black/yellow but also has a (-) by it. Maybe I have the incorrect diagram.
John
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
It's a 16-gauge PK/BK that goes from pin 1 of connector C3203d at the VSM to each of the door lock actuators in the doors.
millrhet8428 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millrhet8428
Would you diode isolate them to all doors or just one connection?
John
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
They are all common (spliced together), only a single connection is needed.
millrhet8428 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote millrhet8428
Is this wire accessible from drivers kick panel? And do should I be able to check with volt meter to see if it has voltage when locking the car?
John
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2022 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Yes, it's accessible from the driver's kick panel. You should always test and verify wires, the correct wire will show a connection to ground except when the door lock button (on the door or key fob) is pressed at which time it will pulse +12v.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic