the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5305V, Remote Start With Key On, 2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
branedge 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2022 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
installing viper 5305v remote start in my son's 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 right now I can start it with the key in the and in the on position (sorry cant remember if will start in acc position)
remote start, 10 pin heavy guage connector - connections
1 No Connection
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT -- red wire ignition switch harness
3 PINK/BLACK* (+) IGNITION 2/ACCESSORY ISOLATION WIRE # 87A key side (if required) of IGNITION 2/ACCESSORY ---- not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT --- this is the one i think i'm missing say found some say use white wire but i can't find a white wire
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT --- red/white 12v constant ignition switch harness
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER DISABLE) --- key side of starter (cut wire)
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER DISABLE) ----starter (car) side of starter (cut wire)
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT -- orange ignition switch harness
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87 --- red/white ignition switch harness (not sure this is right)
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT --- pink ignition switch harness
not sure if i need any of the 24pin auxiliary wires connected yet..but i have
the #13 barking break input grounded to the truck
and i have the hood pin installed and hooked up
i can provide more info if needed. thanks
branedge
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2022 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how did you bypass the passlock? with the key in the ignition this is bypassing the passlock. if you want to not have the key in the ignition, you will need to bypass the passlock, either with a module, or by using resisitors
branedge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2022 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
guess that's the problem! i haven't did either. have a link to this or should i just search on here? thanks
branedge
branedge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2022 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
ok, i wired in a resistor to bypass the passlock, seems to work good no security light and starts fine. I'm assuming I have something wired incorrectly now when i try to remote start the truck (without the key) it acts like you turn the key to "on" the or "acc" the radio and dash lights come on then go off and come back on again and then go off and stay off. any ideas? thanks
branedge
branedge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
update, had a bad crimp! truck now starts with remote! everything seems to work fine but i have to turn it off with the remote i assume i'm still missing something?
branedge
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Viper 5305V Brake (+) Brown Pin 20 wire to truck?
BRAKE     WHITE (+)     @ BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH
Soldering is fun!
branedge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
to clarify the key works fine (will cut truck on and off) but if i start the truck with the remote i have to use the remote to turn the truck off the key does nothing. does this mean i'll have to have my foot on the brake to turn truck off with key? thanks
as of now I don't have the brown wire connected to anything.
branedge
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Viper Brown Brake wire must be connected for several reasons.
When you remote start the truck it will run for the entire programmed run time (Default = 12 minutes). If you get in the truck during this 12 minute period and insert the key and turn to ON and then back to OFF, the truck will continue to run under Viper remote start control. To perform a normal "key take over", you must remote start the truck, get in and insert key and turn to ON and then depress the Brake Pedal. At this point the engine will continue to run under normal key control. If the key is turned to OFF, the engine will turn off. If you remote start the truck and get in and press the Bake pedal prior to inserting the key and turning it to ON, the remote start will turn off and shutdown the engine. This will prevent a thief from jumping in the remote started truck and putting it in gear and driving away. Aside from the steering wheel lock, pressing the Brake pedal to shift into gear will shutdown the engine.
Soldering is fun!
branedge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2022 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote branedge
thank you so much! hooked the brown wire up to the white brake wire and it works perfect i really appreciate your help
branedge

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic