the12volt.com spacer
icon

1994 Ford Festiva, WB Model, Stereo, Dash Light Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jakofalltrades 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2022 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jakofalltrades
hi all, i have just bought a ford festiva which in other countries is ford aspire. the person i bought if from had cut all the wires to install a aftermarket stereo which is just a crapppy ebay radio 1994 Ford Festiva, WB Model, Stereo, Dash Light Wiring -- posted image. well i have no dash lights as the illumination wire doesnt got to the new crappy radio... lol... i have checked fuses and they all are fine. i do have indicators on the das working hibeam light comes on when usisng ,hand brake light works, can anyone tell me what is missing? i have no power at all on the illumination wire and even at the dimmer switch there is no power. any help will be great. cheers1994 Ford Festiva, WB Model, Stereo, Dash Light Wiring -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 19, 2022 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Have you looked for a dash light dimmer knob?
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
jakofalltrades 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jakofalltrades
Hi , yes i have checked the dash light dimmer knob, i have also replaced it and still not getting any dash lights. i also crossed the two main wires and still got nothing. dash light dimmer removed and tested if there was any power and there is nothing. still trying to find if there is a relay some where for the dash lights. all fuses are replaced. (handbrake light, fuel light, highbeam light etcetc on dash work fine) just no light to see the kms.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2022 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Do your parking lights and turn signals work? If not, test if that fuse for the circuit is getting power. If the fuse is good but it's not getting power, that needs to be rectified first.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic