the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keyless Entry Wiring, 1965 Ford Mustang Resto-Mod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vnardo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vnardo
I am installing a new power lock and keyless entry into a resto mod I am doing on an 65 Mustang. I am not quite sure where to tap the wiring from my Digital Guard Dawg ikey premier into the locks so I can still use the electric lock buttons.
The iKey has this wiring diagram -
Keyless Entry Wiring, 1965 Ford Mustang Resto-Mod -- posted image.
The power locks came with this wiring diagram, but the Keyless Entry Module shown doesn't match up with the iKey wiring.
Any help is appreciated!
Vince N
vnardo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vnardo
Thanks @iskidoo
Just to confirm - this is the way I should wire it? I want to make sure I understand the switch outputs, I assume since we are using the NO side of the iKey I can just tap from the iKey into the switch Green/Blue coming from the switch that goes to the lock actuators and it won't back feed when I use the switch.
Thanks!
Vince N
vnardo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vnardo
Sorry, my mind isn’t following, been a long weekend :). Just to clarify, I am NOT using the keyless entry module shown in the first image. I am using the iKey instead. I wasn’t understanding how the switch would control the actuators when the ikey is Normally Open if I ran the switch into the ikey then to the actuators. Hopefully, I am explaining my question correctly. Appreciate your input!
Vince N
vnardo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vnardo
Thanks. That makes sense! Appreciate your help.
Vince N
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
iskidoo wrote:
I don't think that will work. From the look of it, it's a 5-wire reverse polarity setup and not a negative trigger setup. I also question how they have the optional switch wired as shown.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2022 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
vnardo wrote:
Sorry, my mind isn’t following, been a long weekend :). Just to clarify, I am NOT using the keyless entry module shown in the first image. I am using the iKey instead.
This makes things easier, you just need to determine the wire equivalents between the keyless module and the ikey and swap them over wire-for-wire. Without having the manual or the module in hand, I suspect the keyless module has the same normally closed, normally open, common connections and setup as the ikey.
The keyless module appears to be configured as follows but test before making connections.
Purple / Black NO
Green / Black Common
Black / White NC
Red / Black NO
Blue / Black Common
Brown / Black NC

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic