the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Nissan Pathfinder, Central Locking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shaunv8 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2022 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
Hi all. I have an 02 pathfinder R50 and it has factory central locking. The remote is stuffed and im unable to buy another one as its some weird frequency. I bought a universal remote lock kit and wired it in. Everything works except the drivers door wont lock/ unlock? Plug the original setup back in and it works. Any ideas? Thanks.
shaunv8 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2022 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
No smart key or anything. Very basic. 2 wire negative trigger.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2022 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
shaunv8 wrote:
I bought a universal remote lock kit and wired it in. Everything works except the drivers door wont lock/ unlock? Plug the original setup back in and it works. Any ideas? Thanks.
After reading your post, it sounds like you've unplugged part of the original (factory) setup. The factory system should remain intact. You should just be adding your connections for the new system.
*This is assuming your model is the same as the US version.* If you are using the yellow (pin 11) and light green (pin 10) wires at the module near the steering column, this should work. If you want priority door locks (only driver's door unlocks on first press) , you can use the wires inside the driver's door between the key cylinder and the driver's door module (same colors).
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2022 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Can you list the wire connections you made and what "universal remote lock kit" you used and/or share it's wiring diagram.
At a glance, if you wired to the lock motor wires the drivers door and all other doors are separate systems. But your mention of 2 wire negative trigger would be in contradiction thus the above request for more explicit details.
shaunv8 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2022 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
Thanks, It is a RHD australian version, so am I correct to assume the module will be behind the glove box on the left?
All the standard components were still plugged in, I simply out the negative triggers and EARTH from the aftermarket unit to the back of the lock/unlock switch on the armrest, near the power window switch (there are 3 wires, one an earth, and if i short this earth to any of the other 2 wires it will unlock and lock). The new unit has output for both negative and positive trigger, I configured it for negative.
The unit bought is: Click Here
All help appreciated.
shaunv8 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2022 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
thanks
geepherder 
Posted: March 21, 2022 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
On the North American version (LHD), the module is left of the steering column. It could be that it's mirrored on the RHD version (right of the steering column) but there's no way to be certain without checking.
shaunv8 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2022 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
Thanks, do you have a pic of LHD unit so I know what to look for?
geepherder 
Posted: March 22, 2022 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Check here for color pictures:
https://fortin.ca/download/87411/evo-one_ig_reg_bi_nis-pathfinder_2001-2004_key_a_87411.pdf
Here's a downloadable version of the factory service manual. You'll need a program to unzip it. El.pdf is the electrical section:
https://carmanualsclub.com/nissan-pathfinder-factory-service-manual/
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1TGY-C_YpnzTcVcRJxqN8X5sMHx3zhU4s&export=download
shaunv8 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2022 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shaunv8
Thankyou
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic