the12volt.com spacer
icon

Odd Behavior Out Of DB3 and 5X06, 2005 Acura TSX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noidea24 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2022 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote noidea24
2005 Acura TSX, standard trans
Db3 for bypass and interface
Viper 5x06 with 2way lcd remote
System has had flaws since the install, and I finally got bored enough to try and isolate the issues I'm about to present.
First, if the system is armed for a long period of time, when I remote start it the factory alarm will go off. I remedied this by running safelock mode rather than auto.
Second, odd dome light issues while the vipers RS is active. If I remote start the vehicle, then enter it and take over, my dome light will stay on until I open and close the door.
Same but a bit different for pitstop mode. If I enable pit stop mode, remove the key, and open the door, then the dome lights will not turn on at all. They will stay off until the RS is not active and the door has been opened and shut.
If I enable pitstop mode with the door open (dome light already on), then the dome light will stay on until the remote start is disabled and the door is open and closed
In both situations as soon as the RS isn't active, I can open and shut the door and the dome lights will work perfect.
My other problem is with MTS. MTS will arm/engage properly but errors out as soon as I give the lock command. I have a feeling the problem is synonymous with the dome light problem.
I've been running the RS in auto mode (I know it's a terrible idea but I'm careful), but even it has some quirks. If I enable pitstop mode, and get out and lock the car while running, I'll get a door ajar message.
Again, same with remote start, if I RS the car and try and lock it, I'll get a chirp and door ajar message.
Car is wired to standard db3 digital spec (according to updated install guide)
Dome light is not hardwired, I don't have an option to disable dome light monitoring over d2d with the db3, and dome light control through the viper is disabled.
I didn't see any notes regarding keysense, but did manage to find a post with someone detailing almost these exact problems in a 2004 Honda pilot. And it's post somebody recommended hooking up keysense so I figured I might try it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic