the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Toyota Camry, Factory Alarm Removal, Avital 5305L Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
esart 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2022 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
I thought the same about the parking lights ouput, but they flash just fine for some reason. Thanks for the suggestion. Tomorrow I'll wire in the tilt sensor to the GWA output and reattempt the horn connection.
New to alarm installation.
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2022 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
Hey guys.
When I was getting out of the car, I accidentally armed it before my passenger shut their door, causing the alarm to trigger.
I disarmed it, rearmed it, then went on my way.
Later, I came back to the car and disarmed it to get inside, but the doors wouldn't unlock though.
Anyone know what would cause that?
At least the key let me in.
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2022 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
Can someone confirm that I have this harness properly wired:
2001 Toyota Camry, Factory Alarm Removal, Avital 5305L Install - Page 2 -- posted image.
2001 Toyota Camry, Factory Alarm Removal, Avital 5305L Install - Page 2 -- posted image.
2 red/black to ignition #1 black/red
3 pink/black to not needed?
4 pink/white to also not needed?
5 red to constant 12v white/red
6 green to starter #1 key side of cut red, and relay pin 30 red
7 violet to starter #1 starter side of cut red, and relay pin 87a white, and relay pin 86 orange
8 orange to accessory #1 blue/red
9 red/white to constant 12v white/red
10 pink to ignition #1 black/red
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2022 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the wiring :
Remote Start, White 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1 No Connection
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT          White     
3 PINK/BLACK* (+) IGNITION 2 pin 87a   not used       
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / ACCESSORY2     Black/Yellow
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT              White/Red           
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)            Red key side of cut wire   
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)       Red    car side of cut wire             
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT            Blue/Red
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2              White       
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT Black/Red
Not positive what you are doing with the external relay but if it's for Starter Kill and Anti-Grind, the 5305L has that built in and that is why you have the Violet and Green wires.
On the Viper controller any wire with a fuse is a +12V input wire and all will be used. This would include the Red wire w/fuse on the 5 Pin harness. You can connect it to the Camry's White/Red wire, too. That way the Vipers load will be split between the two +12V vehicle wires.
Soldering is fun!
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2022 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
Hey, thanks for revising that for me. I wonder what I'd have created had I wired it that way.
I assumed the kill switch needed a relay and didn't consider it having one built in. I think seeing the relay numbers for its pins in the diagram reinforced that idea.
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2023 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
I want to add a 507M tilt sensor and a 520T backup battery to this system.
It looks like they'll be sharing the same trigger wire on the alarm, so it's my understanding each of them will need a diode in line with this wire.
Can I get someone with experience to let me know if my following plan here looks good to go?
Here's my alarm's diagram:
This is the tilt sensor diagram:
Would it just go like...
red to #3 on main harness
orange to #4 on main harness
blue to #10 on aux harness (diode in between and stripe towards alarm brain)
The backup battery diagram shows what I think is another diode in line with the brain's constant power wire. If so, I assume the cathode stripe is to be on the side of the alarm?
Do these connections seem right?
red to car battery positive
gray to #3 on main harness (diode in between and stripe towards alarm brain)
black to chassis ground
blue to #10 on aux harness (diode in between and stripe towards alarm brain)
Thanks in advance!
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2023 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
Guess I should start a new thread for that last question since it's been a while since I added to this subject. I just figured here was fine because it was related to my original project.
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
esart 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2023 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esart
Any pros on here who can direct me through this?
2001 Camry
1999 Legacy
1992 Civic
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic