the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring Center Channel Speaker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clarkchriston 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2022 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clarkchriston
I have a simple 4 speaker system (Front LT & RT, Rear LT &RT) with a Quadraphonic 4 Channel (45Watts x 4) that I am installing in my son’s truck. We also have a center channel dash speaker that I would like to add. The center channel speaker is a dual voice Coil speaker.   I have a couple options I would to see if it works. Both front LT and RT speakers are 3.5" 4 Ohm, and the front Center is a 4"x10" Dual Voice coil 4 ohm.
One option is to run the main 4 speakers using the RCA outs from the radio to amp, the wire the speakers directly to the AMP out wiring. Then wire the Center Channel Dual Voice Coil Speaker to the front LT and RT coming directly from the speaker wires coming out form the Radio. (figure 1)
The second option would be to run speaker line levels from the radio to the amp then out to speakers. Figure 2
Third option would be to eliminate the center channel all together.
Thanks in advance for any infoWiring Center Channel Speaker - Last Post -- posted image.
clarkchriston 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2022 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clarkchriston
Wiring Center Channel Speaker - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic