the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v Remote Start Not Working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ericb382 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2022 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ericb382
I just installed viper 5706v on an r32 skyline gtr, manual trans. It's a regular key start, no chip. When I hit remote start, I get error on remote and 7 flashes of parking lights indicating manual mode error.
I'm using all the default settings aside from I switch from virtual tach to wired. I did the tach learning procedure. I verified menu 3 feature 1 is set to option 1 (manual trans).
I've verified that all door, trunk, hand brake, hood are good. There's not power on the brake switch wire. Clutch switch is bypassed. Neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on, verified it has continuity.
With the car started, brake switch active, pulled hand brake, released foot brake then pushed lock button on remote. It shows remote start active, but about 5 seconds after shutting car off, remote start goes inactive.
If I ground the activation input wire I get the same 7 flashes of the parking lights.
Any ideas/input would be greatly appreciated.
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2022 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Unhooked your dome light wire and see if it continues.
ericb382 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2022 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ericb382
Dome light was not hooked up.
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2022 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
How about the hood pin switch?
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2022 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how are you doing the shut down? so you set it, ... turn the key to the off position, the car stays running, get out of car, close door and hit lock, the car shuts down?
ericb382 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2022 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ericb382
cpalmer wrote:
How about the hood pin switch?
Verified hood pin is not grounded at the alarm
ericb382 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2022 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ericb382
silvercivicsir wrote:
how are you doing the shut down? so you set it, ... turn the key to the off position, the car stays running, get out of car, close door and hit lock, the car shuts down?
Hit brake, lift hand brake, release brake, hit unlock, shows remote start active. Soon as I turn the key off the car shuts down and says remote start error.
Makes me think possibly accy relay not wired correctly?
I have pink and red/Blk tied in with Blk/red at ign switch, which is hot at on and crank.
Not using red/wht, pink/wht or pink/Blk.
Red and orange are tied in with blu at ign switch, which is accessory power.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2022 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Well that is your problem, it's wired wrong.. ALL thicc red wires including red/white and red/blk need 12V constant. Pink wire is ignition, so it switched 12v.<--(this is your problem) orange wire is acessory so it drops out during crank. also make sure to hook up thin blk/white to the ebrake circuit. and green to the door trigger
I have pink and red/Blk tied in with Blk/red at ign switch, which is hot at on and crank.
Not using red/wht, pink/wht or pink/Blk.
Red and orange are tied in with blu at ign switch, which is accessory power.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic