the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Ford F-150 OEM Alarm, 504K Shock Sensor, Siren Relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ghades 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2022 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
Good evening
I need help with my ford f150 2015 OEM alarm truck. I decided to install the 504k shock sensor and glass break from "directed," so everything works reasonably well except that my truck sends me false alarms. When I use the remote start from my fob, it turns on my truck 5 sec later, the alarm goes off and turns off the vehicle .oh im using a relay
ghades 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2022 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
Good evening I have a 2015 ford f150 with an OEM alarm, and I want to do the following add a siren with a relay. When my truck is on, I want to be able to use the horns normally, but when my truck is off, I want to use the alarm siren... I tried the following, but it didn't work horn wire to 87 vehicle side of the horn wire to 30 siren power to 87a, siren ground to 85, switch on and off to 86
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,581
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2022 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
That should work assuming you are using the positive horn wire that is after the horn relay. (Not the negative trigger wire located under the dash)
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 636
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2022 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Siren ground to 85, but both 85 and the siren must go to chassis ground. I don't see where 85 or the siren is to GROUND.
Another suggestion would be to put 86 to a Switched Ignition Source. Then when the ignition is ON, the horn is active. With the ignition OFF, the siren is active. No switch or driver intervention required.
ghades 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2022 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
Ok, everything worked with no issues. I think the initial problem was that I was using the wrong fuse .... but I have another question the siren sounds in pauses; how can I make it sound steady tone?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 636
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2022 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
ghades wrote:
the siren sounds in pauses; how can I make it sound steady tone?
Use this diagram from the Relays Sectiuon on this site:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram22.html Pulsed to Steady Output (Turn signal output to steady output for duration of turn signal) Relay Wiring Diagram
ghades 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2022 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
thank you
ghades 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2022 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
Hi, I need help with an alarm. Well, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I have a 2015 xlt ford f150 with a key. I installed a ford perimeter alarm model, "js7j-19g367-aa Module. Does anyone know if a siren can be added to this module?".. my truck already has a remote start and "shock sensor," but the shock sensor from ford is very weak. I wanted to add the directed 504k shock sensor and the glass brake 506t again. But, when I had, it sent me false alarms, or the remote start sometimes didn't work; my question is, can I have two shock sensors? If possible, what do you guys recommend I use for the trigger? Do I have to use the four-door triggers? or Do I use only one door?, and do I have to use a "diode" on it? Now can I use the "dome light" as a trigger? And Do I tap into the cable?, or do I have to splice it?
ghades 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2022 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ghades
????

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic