the12volt.com spacer
icon

2 Step Rev Limiter With Line Lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jb71 mach 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2022 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jb71 mach
greetings, hoping for some help with my part time drag strip car. i have a 1971 mustang with a 5 speed manual transmission and i am looking to add a brake line lock in conjunction to my 2 step rev control. here is what i already have. my ignition system is completely programable, meaning i can select 2 step rpm limit and time delay via the ignitions dip switches. currently the time delay is controlled by a momentary contact switch on my shifter, this is very inconsistent. i would like to add a clutch switch that starts my timer when the clutch is released and only one time, as i need the clutch for each shift. my ignition rev limiter is activated by closing a ground (momentary contact) or switching up to power. as for the brake line lock, it is now on a separate switch, i need both on one switch so i can do burn out's stage and launch without worrying about reactivating the brakes or the 2 step once the clutch is released. the line lock currently has an (armed) light as well as master disconnect switches. i was thinking momentary contact to allow the clutch switch to function and when the clutch switches changes states after release it would defeat the line lock until power is cycled.
really hoping for a reply.
jobsie
jobsie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic