the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 2500, Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
y5mgisi 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2022 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
I'm going to be attempting this today. 2000 suburban 2500. I've installed a remote start before on my 1990 suburban 2500. That was very straight forward. This one, it has factory alarm, rap, etc. Totally intimidated...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2022 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
This will help a bit : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=135786
Notes :
Type A Door Locks (+)
(+) Parking Lights
Passlock 2 immobilizer
Soldering is fun!
y5mgisi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2022 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
Just finished installing an avital 4105 and DB3 in my 2000 suburban. Its looking like its not going to work for me with out having the db3 flashed by a dealer. Also looking like most dealers wont do the flash since it wasn't their install So i think im going to have to try to find a different pass lock bypass that doesn't require a flash... Really wishing i just would have paid to have someone install it for me... Lol
I did use the pictorial above, And this one that was specific for the db3.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=145309
As well as going off my avital instructions and db3 instructions.
I was really hoping that i would be able to program the remote start, and the bypass module with the programming buttons. But its not looking that way so far.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2022 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, the DB3 must be flashed with the correct firmware for your application. You might try a local BestBuy, they might be willing to flash it for you. The DB3 does a bit more than just the Passlock2 bypass. According to the install guide it also handles the Locks, Alarm, RAP and provides a Tach signal and a Door Status (needed for Alarm systems which the 4105 isn't).
If you don't mind hardwiring those functions, there are many Passlock2 bypass modules available. Some are Data style that use just the J1850 wire like the DB3 does. Modules like the idataLink ADS-TBSL PL or Fortin INT-SL+ come pre-flashed and can be hardwired with power, ground and (-) Status Out.
Soldering is fun!
y5mgisi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2022 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if I can find anyone to flash it for me. If not, I'll have to go with another bypass module. Sure wish I would have realized before I bought the DB3...
y5mgisi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2022 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
kreg357 wrote:
Modules like the idataLink ADS-TBSL PL or Fortin INT-SL+
Do you know if the iDatalink module has been superseded? It seems hard to find.
kreg357 
Posted: November 20, 2022 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, I believe the ADS TBSL PL is no longer in production as is most all of the "SOLO" series. Great modules but it was easier for installers to stock just the programmable units to reduce inventory. I see an ADS TBSL PL currently on EBay for under $40. The current programmable for your application is the ADS TB which would need to be flashed prior to use. This would require the ADS USB cable.
Soldering is fun!
y5mgisi 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2022 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote y5mgisi
Want to thank kreg on this thread also. Your guide really helped. Now that I have my DB3 flashed, everything works perfectly!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic