the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Honda CR-V, DS4, Install By Best Buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rraider1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2022 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
I've used this forum and the awesome help provided here to install remote start/security systems in 3 different vehicles but on my latest (inherited from my dad, 2003 Honda CRV with less than 90k miles) I opted to take advantage of a sale at BB to buy a DS4VB installed for $200. They had it in their install dept for about 3 hours and said they were unable to finish because they didn't know they were going to need to use a relay on the door locks. I was already scheduled to have the security add-on installed on Dec 3rd so they said they would complete that part then. They also said the feature where you can start the vehicle using the original fob and pressing lock three times won't work either. From my research the 2003 Honda CRV just needs the locks set to negative and a single wire connected for lock and another for unlock, no relay needed. If I'm correct then how much of the rest of the story is BS? Can anyone verify if I'm correct about the lock and unlock connections and is it true the original remote for this make/model can't do the three lock start? I just want to make sure I have the correct info when I go back to have them complete the install. I really wish these new systems could be programmed with a bitwriter or some other method I could get my hands on.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 398
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2022 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
correct no relay required.. Lock is White/blue, and unlock is white/Green, in the drivers kick, close the hood release pull handle.
3 X lock does NOT work on this gen CRV, and in my opinion should not even be an option, since range is terrible..
rraider1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2022 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic