the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 GMC Sierra Work Truck, Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redownton 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2022 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redownton
Trying to identify wiring on the stock stereo to install aftermarket. Closest I found on site was 2009 Sierra 1500. here is what Ive found
Light blue
yellow
dark blue
brown
yellow
green
light green
different shade light green
tan, possibly orange
black
red with white stripe
gray
I watched a members video on how to test. Do not have equipment. was hoping someone could identify before cutting the factory clips off
Richard E Downton
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2022 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You can buy an adapter harness like the Metra 70-2105 that will match the wiring of your new receiver. This way you won't need to cut any plugs. The downside is this your truck doesn't have an accessory wire in the harness from the factory. That's why there's a long red wire- so you can run your own.
Even if you decide to cut the factory plugs you still need to run an accessory wire to be able to power your deck with the turn of the key.
If don't mind spending more, the Access AXADBX-2 or a similar interface will provide you with an accessory output.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic