the12volt.com spacer
icon

FLCART Parking Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherrick
I’m planning on installing an Audiovox Prestige APS57TM in my 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 with 80-bit G key. I’ve done a lot of car electronics before including multiple remote starts but never with a CAN bus module using D2D, ABS or DBI.
Thinking of using the FLCART with TB-TL5 flash but have a question that I can’t seem to get the answer for, even with searching.
Does the FLCART flash the parking lights through the CAN bus or would I still need to hook up to those manually through the 4 pin connector on the APS57?
Thanks for any help.
Jim
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
Based on the guide, you'll still need to hook up the parking lights, tach, 12V, Starter, ACC, etc...
The FLCART is only taking care of the immobilizer bypass.
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherrick
audiokid1,
Yes, I know that I'll still need to connect the basics, 12V, GND, everything on the 6 pin RS Harness.
Maybe I should rephrase the question: What is the advantage of a D2D bypass vs. others (excluding the very old style that require a physical key)?
Jim
audiokid1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
Usually it makes for a cleaner install with less connections, but in this case it's just serving the one purpose and that's immobilizer.
Unfortunately, this truck requires more wire connections than a lot of the newer vehicles and less features are available via data bus.
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherrick
OK. Thanks for the input.
Out of curiosity, in newer vehicles, do D2D bypasses tend to work the lock/unlock and parking lights?
Jim
audiokid1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
It depends on the vehicle manufacturer, but yes a lot of that information is now available/controlled via data bus....sometimes parking lights are only on the RS firmware instead of the DL firmware.
Take the same truck for example, but a 2016 model. Immobilizer Bypass, Parking Light Control, Locks, Door Status, Hood Status, Tach, Brake, and ability to remote start from OEM fobs
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2022 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherrick
Wow. OK, thank you for that input, and hopefully this helps someone in the future decide D2D vs not!
Happy Holidays!
Jim

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic