the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Chrysler 300, Defrost And Heated Seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsnali13 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2022 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Hi,
I found the wiring for the HVAC unit and it shows my rear defogger relay control is blue. Testing this wire, it does show 12v and when button pushed drops to 0v.
Ive installed the viper ds4 and had an installer program an output wire to defrost latching. I spliced in this wire to the blue on the hvac harness.. but not sure if it works. The light on the defrost button doesnt light up and i hear the lights flash about 5 times. (Lights dont actually flash but hear the unit making the noise to simulate light flash)
Ive read a post for a town and country.. but nothing confirmed if it worked. Same situation.
Is this the right wire? Is the defrost supposed to be done different?
Also would anyone know how to power the heated seats? Im thinking of adding this in with ddfrost or use an aux channel.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2022 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
Rear Defroster     dk. blue - latched passenger kick harness to rear. The light on the controls may not light up, alot don't.Some only come on at a certain temperature like 38 degrees. If you take a dmm and test the connection on the back glass it should read +12 when working
Left Front Heated Seat     lt. green/gray          -     heated seat switch or instrument cluster, white 26 pin plug, pin 18          
Right Front Heated Seat     lt. green/lt. blue   - heated seat switch or instrument cluster, white 26 pin plug, pin 19
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2022 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Thank you again 😁
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2023 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
So it was a little nicer out today and i got around to testing the right seat wire, green/lt.blue. Seem to be a constant 12v with car on, or car off and key out. With car on, when i press the switch it looks to be a pulsed ground. Voltage drops to about half on a quick press or to 0v if held.
Can i change the latched ground out to the defroster to pulse a ground out to the seat switch? I did see the constant to momentary output with relay in the relay section on the site. Just want to confirm if it will work.
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram43.html
Just not sure what pin 85 is?
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2023 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
For the above relay diagram, is 87 my latched defrost wire from the ds4 and 85 a ground in the vehicle?
And the cap and resistor are connected to both the latched wire and ground?
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2023 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Sorry im not sure how to close this post or add solved to the title.
Got this figure out finally. Just need to add diodes between the wires to the heated seats as now the right side also controls the left.
At first i grounded pin 85 and 87 to the cig lighter ground and ran the switch with to the lateched defrost wire.
On remote start before crank it would alread turn on the seats. Once done cranking and car is running it changed the seat level to 1.
Firt press is 2, second press is 1, third press turns off.
I then ran the switch wire and both 85 and 87 to the latched defrost wire and now it works as it should, when i activate the defrost the seats turn on level 2.
Thanks again mgoetz74 for the wire colours.
I havent tested the defrost at the window yet as i have to remove pretty much the whole back tray to expose the connections on the glass
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2023 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Guess it didnt really work.
If i use the defrost button it activates the heated seats lol.
Single wire ground trigger.. i guess theres no way to isolate?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic