the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start For 2013 Ford Fusion SE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2023 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote uchoward
Hi folks I'm actually looking for a better remote start for my 2013 Ford Fusion SE with key start. Right now I have one of those plug and Play modules I believe it's MPC. Well anyway I don't like how doesn't heat the car until you insert the key and turn the key on. I wanted to find out if it was possible to install an Avital 4103 remote start unit? Also if it is possible to install that which bypass module will work on on this vehicle? I tried doing a search on Crutchfield and it's actually asking me for options, as in radio units .This Fusion has the smallest screen doesn't have the big screen Sony it just has the plain Jane radio unit in it. All advice and info will be greatly appreciated.
ch
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2023 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I've never used an MPC remote start system. But I've done a bunch of the Fusions and Lincoln MKZs. I would call the Tech support for MPC and find out why your heater isn't being powered by the remote start system before i replaced the MPC system.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2023 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote uchoward
Thanks for replying chev104275. I did send tech support a message. I've been actually looking into this matter and I also found out that MPC was saying something about an update to the climate control module I think that's kind of bogus for remote start but anyway if you don't mind what units are you using what kind of remote start units are you using itat for those same units and you don't have any problems with hot warm heat blowing instead of a cold fan blowning on these same vehicles?
ch

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic