the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Adding Push To Start And Proximity Entry?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2023 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpgoose
Hi folks, just looking for some basic advice here. I've been "out of the game" for a while, so I'm not up on all the recent advancements lol.
I have a 2009 CR-V where I installed a Python 1400XP system (just keyless entry and remote start). I also have a 2015 Civic where I had the dealer install a Compustar CS910-S (also just keyless entry and remote start).
What I would love to have is a system with either of the following (or both!):
1. Where you can walk up to the car and you don't need to take the remote out of your pocket to unlock the car anymore (simply having the key near the car opens the lock).
2. Where you can just push the button on the dash to start the car without having to put the key in (simply having the keys in your pocket allows the car to start with the dash button).
Like I said, I don't know the names of these technologies or systems. Are they considered "proximity" keyless and remote start? I would be awesome to add to what I have, but if that's not possible I guess removing everything and starting from scratch is also an option.
Thanks in advance!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2023 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
all aftermarket options suck. not worth it, and you are saving alot of heartache. if you want push button start and prox unlock, buy a newer car. all aftermarket solutions will require you to disable the steering lock, which is a safety and potential theft issue.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2023 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpgoose
Wow, wasn’t expecting that reply haha. I was expecting you to say something like “stay away from the knockoffs you see on Amazon and eBay”, and look towards the bigger names like DEI. Pretty crazy that they haven’t come up with a decent aftermarket one.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2023 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Compustar offers prox unlock, with their higher end remotes, however no Push start. You still need a key to drive away. Like I said, all the Push start options in my opinion suck, and you should stay away.
jsnali13 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2023 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Compustar does have a proximity lock/unlock add on. You have to add a big ol antenna and a key fob. Search compuatar ezgo. It wasnt bad at all to have. Or as silvercivicsir said.. buy the expensive remotes. I got the ezgo 2 years ago maybe for about 100 i think.
I dont think DEI has anything.. or anything you can find anymore

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic