the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2022 Chevrolet Spark, Trunk Trigger Wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jamesspark 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2023 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jamesspark
Anyone know what wire is the (-) trunk trigger at the BCM on these?
I believe it will be yellow and blue but Im not 100% and dont know where on BCM or fuse box.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2023 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If it's the same as 2021, it looks like it'll be violet/grey at the BCM.
2022 Chevrolet Spark, Trunk Trigger Wire? -- posted image.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jamesspark 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2023 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jamesspark
Thanks for the reply, I used the same app to get the same diagram and what I truly want to tap is to the left yellow/blue release handle on bcm x7 pin 18.
Didnt know of this app.
Thanks again!
now I can add a button one side wired to this other side to ground and have a hatch release that will allow me to open the hatch without taking the key out. Sounds petty I know but they really should of already had this button.
2022 Chevrolet Spark, Trunk Trigger Wire? -- posted image.
geepherder 
Posted: February 15, 2023 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Oh, you're actually looking for trunk release.
Yeah, that should do what you want. I'd probably go directly to the relay control wires myself.
jamesspark 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2023 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jamesspark
I was going to add a button on my dash for release as the only way in right now is physical key at the back. (the key cylinder just applies ground to the yellow/blue back there to release the latch so I was thinking applying ground at the bcm would yeild the same effect without having to run the wire from back there all the way to the dash.
Does this sound right?
geepherder 
Posted: February 16, 2023 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You could definitely try it. If that wire at X7 pin 18 tests correctly, you could double verify by jumping it to ground with a test light.
jamesspark 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2023 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jamesspark
Thats the plan, need to expose the bcm hopefully this weeekend then i can probe it. Logically probe will make it pop open if behaviour is how I understand it. Ill post results here after in case anyone else wants to do the same thing. Which i imagine many with this car would.
Rather than simple button im thinking i might add a relay on mine so that the circuit for the button is only complete when the vehicle is in park to prevent accidental open during drive. Or something

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic