the12volt.com spacer
icon

Push/Remote Start Honk Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accordcu2 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2023 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote accordcu2
Hey all,
I need some help with wiring.
I recently installed a push start system with smart entry in my Accord 8th Gen, the module has a negative wire that goes to horn to make it honk when car locks or unlocks. However, it only gives around negative 2-3 volts only to maybe honk the horn tiny bit but it still very loud so i was thinking to connect to a beeper/buzzer just like some new cars have but the issue is since the ground that comes out of that wire is only 3 volts the buzzer is not very loud.
I thought a 4 pin relay would fix the issue as i used 12v positive + that 3v ground to power the relay and then 12v positive to pin 1 that should give 12v positive when relay clicks but still the pin 2 (output) is around 3 v max output.
The other thing i tried was voltages step-up module but that doesn't work correctly either.
Any idea on how i can convert that 3v ground wire to 12v ground to get full volume output from the beeper?
Honda Accord
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2023 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
Not sure where you're getting "3v ground" or "12v ground". That negative output should be used as your ground for a relay or other low current (200mA or less) device. The +12v you need for your device should be coming from the battery positive with a fuse in-line.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic