the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Chevrolet Silverado, Key Programming With Remote Start Causing Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtnel78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2023 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
2012 Chevy Silverado AKL and aftermarket remote start fob and keys lost.
Has a D2D system with 2 modules.. I can provide photos of the modules if needed along with it how it's wired. It has a DB3 & 5X05
I try all keys lost w/608 and it doesn't work.
Immo data shows in learn mode but can't program it. Doesn't show any keys programmed in.
I tried disconnecting all harnesses to remote start and adapter box for rcdlr control then doing AKL with no luck.
Also with everything disconnected I get a communication error saying it can't communicate with the ECM.
IS there any way to program a key in using another method with the IM-608 , xp 400pro or any combination thereof?
Any help is better than no help.
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2023 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
First I need to get a DB3 wiring diagram for a 2012 Chevy Silverado.
IT has a directed 5X05 if I read it correctly installed
I plan on unhooking it to where I can have it removed enough from the vehicle so I can program keys into the vehicle.
Is there any recommendations anyone can make so I can unhook the minimal amount of wires unless there's another way to get what I'm looking to do done?
I do know the current system alarm with interface module have a total of 5 fuses in the gang of wires strapped up under the dash
IF someone has extensive experience with this, some diagrams and could highlight what would be quick and helpful that would be the best as then it'll involve minimal hooking up of things again
Don't know if I can post photos with less than 50 posts and if so I need to go find a the way to post the photos I have and how one goes about it all and get it read
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2023 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
2012 Chevy Silverado with regular transponder 46 keys they normally come with. No OEM remote but there is a Avital 2 way remote I was able to program to the truck that locks, unlocks it. I tried the remote start part but given we didn't have any keys programmed to the vehicle my guess is why that's not working as I did select the "number of keys" option in the Autel scan tool / programmer along with my Auto Pro Pad G2 programmer.
The vehicle showed 0 keys programmed in which is typical if we do AKL , All Keys Lost and they fail to program in. ....
I'll have a 12min wait when I get whatever out of the way that's causing programming issues and I'm ready to program keys in on another try
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
check the 2amp pk3 fuse. I bet it's blown
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2023 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
I had personally seen this truck running prior to the owner losing his keys.
Part of it is the owners fault as between the time I offered a very generous price to create a spare key as I was there for another car he wanted to add a remote head key for (Ford)
He'd locked himself out of the truck and I created a test key based off a photo he had of the key based off my suggesting it a week prior.
The only reason we didn't try to add a key that day was that he wanted a key with the "Bowtie" on it. I don't know if it's a status thing to him to show he's "made it in America" as a immigrant but he sure didn't hide a hoot that the newer Ford Remote Head Key didn't have a loco on it that day
Between that day and when I got the key in within a week he'd lost the key and current remote start / alarm remote for the aftermarket system.
He has multiple vehicles so I've basically made him wait on me as he also wants cheap. He just don't know what I have in store for him. He wanted to have me show him how I programmed the remote start / alarm into the vehicle. I wasn't telling him as I told him I had to research.
I will check the fuse as the more I think about it he did let the battery run dead.
If this don't work then we'll have to remove & reinstall (for a fee) the aftermarket system which will cost him an extra $300 as I figure this type of work at $150hr x 2hrs minimum on top of the key, key programming if it goes easy which will be an addl $200 for the 2nd chip key. IF ty takes addl work then he can pay more.
Good thing I had the key code saved from when I unlocked his truck using a test blade cut from decoding the key of a photo.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic