the12volt.com spacer
icon

DB3 Transponder Configuration Programming, 2015 GMC Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steveo_supremo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2023 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Steveo_supremo
I'm going to be installing a Viper 4806V remote start with a DB3 bypass in a 2015 GMC Sierra. The seller that I bought the DB3 from has flashed it for my vehicle and sent me vehicle specific instructions for the bypass as well as the remote start unit. I've done several remote starts in the past but all have been older vehicles. This is my first time using a DB3 bypass/interface.
My question is this:
How do I do the transponder configuration?
The instructions say:
“Key2GO This feature is required if only one key is available. You can program the interface without the need for Key2GO if two keys are present.”
I have 2 keys, but they don’t say how to do the programming with 2 keys. They only say that it’s possible.
I can’t do the Key2Go programming because I don’t have access to Directlink/Directtechs
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2023 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
no option to learn the bypass with two keys.. need to use Key2go, which means you either need to visit a dealer with a Xkloader-2 with an active directechs account, or you learn the 1st key and sent the dball back to where you bought it from. Only other option, do convenience only, and wrap a key.
Since you are in Canada, you might be able to learn the 1st key, and try going to a Canadian tire, and see if they can program the bypass for you. *(hit or miss, most likely miss as Cdn tire usually have no clue, even though they sell Autostart's DB3)*
Steveo_supremo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2023 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Steveo_supremo
Thanks for the response. I'm gonna sell the Viper and DB3 and install a Fortin Evo-All and RFK942 RF kit instead.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic