the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Honda Pilot, Viper Remote Starter Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssmokeyy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2023 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Car 2004 honda pilot ex auto
Car alarm 5305v viper
Bypass idatalink ads-alca updated with honda software with dbi protocol. Setup in data mode.
I installed both parts pilot cranks over with alarm but does not start. The bypass blinks green when cranking.   What could I have missed? The alarm does not flash lights for any error codes.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
stick the key in the ignition and try again. if it starts its a IMMO issue. if it doesn't, try turning the key to "ON" while it's cranking if it starts, you have ingition/accessory wires mixed up. Is it a brand new install? If not, and it worked before, and now it doesn't I am going to guess you have a blow ignition fuse.
ssmokeyy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Brand new install. Tomorrow I will try the key. For some reason I think I did that and no work.
ssmokeyy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Looking over the wiring again. I should ask to just make sure I didn't do this wrong. The idatalink alca says pink wire goes to ign + is that ign+ that the remote starter is using or is there a ign + at the immobilizer wiring plug green?
ssmokeyy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Tested this morning key in ign remote start cranks no start.
Key in ign on remote start cranks and starts.
I remember testing the ign wires. It got a diagram from commando alarms. I tested every wire they listed but when I tested therr ign1 wire it did not get power until the ign was turned all the way on where there white/black wire got power in acc mode. It seemed like they were switch so I used white/black as ign+
I haven't done alarms in a couple years but if I remember correctly ign 1 should be the power that turns on first click.
ssmokeyy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Tested remote start wiring pink/black second ign/acc not sending power out.
ssmokeyy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2023 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ssmokeyy
Fixed. When I was picking my wires. I did pink/black and it was pink/white of the alarm brain. Thank u all for the help.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2023 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
great glad you figured it out.. also a quirk about the honda pilot your generation, you Need to hook up GWR to the keysense wire. if you don't your dome lights will stay on.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic