the12volt.com spacer
icon

1998 Dodge Ram 3500, 2nd Generation, Viper 5305V Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dacker 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2023 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
I have a 98 dodge ram 3500 that I decided to change out the alarm/remote start on because the old one was acting up a little. It was 5x03 and I got a viper 5305v so I could have 2 way communication on it. Well the wiring wasn't exactly the same and I did the best I could. Everything works on the door lock and unlock side of it but I can't get the remote start to do anything. I am attaching screen shots of a document that shows all the connections I have made; the main start harness has connecting arrows and the other ones I have out beside it in blue where they are hooked. If there is nothing beside it I left it unhooked. The document was made off a PDF from directed electronics installation instructions. Can someone please look at this and tell me what I need to change up or hook up to make this work? I am also including at the bottom a drawing of the back of my switch that shows what is happening with it as the key is turned etc... It did mention another relay in the start circuit when hooking this up and I am guessing that is what I am missing but need some direction please. Thanks in advance Dale
1998 Dodge Ram 3500, 2nd Generation, Viper 5305V Remote Start -- posted image. 1998 Dodge Ram 3500, 2nd Generation, Viper 5305V Remote Start -- posted image. 1998 Dodge Ram 3500, 2nd Generation, Viper 5305V Remote Start -- posted image.
dacker 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2023 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Well with the overwhelming number of responses I'm sure this won't draw anymore but figured I would try anyway lol. When you hit start from the remote the parking lights flash 5 times. This indicates the foot brake was pressed from what I have read but I was not even in the truck so not sure how that's possible.
dino69 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2023 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
Did you hook up the brake pedal switch and the neutral safety switch?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic