the12volt.com spacer
icon

Replacing Fusable Link With ANL Fuse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2therock 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2023 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 2therock
2005 Silverado LT 5.3 Z71. GM RVC (regulated voltage control).
Getting to the question: I'm not a Big 3 expert or skilled auto electrician. So when I see the alternator charge wire recommendation to nix the fusible link for a 4awg cable fused with 200A ANL am not so sure about it. For my application. The OE fusible link OE wire is a #8. I have it temporarily setup on the #4 & 200A ANL.
What do you guys think about or recommend on this?
History, more then a decade ago I added a 2nd battery for backup isolated with a Trombetta Bear contractor for isolation. Its operated by a Hella timed relay to connect 2 minutes after the truck is started. This way I know the relative health of the main and so on.
I recently lost the 145A alternator replacing it with a 160A Tahoe p/n. I found that I was not optimally cabled, Short story is it was not a true parallel as the grounds were both to different points on the block, and the positives met at the starter. I have reconfigured it to this setup.
I don't have much of an accessory load, I do have a pair 80W PIAA's AUX light wired to battery relay triggered by the high beam signal, also same kind of setup for factory lights provided by Kennedy Diesel which I fashioned my PIAA's setup after. And have 9005 in the fog housings all to come on on high-beam. All Philips HIR1 (9011) and HIR2 (9012) Halogens.
I will say my Walbro fuel pump sure sings stronger, and my VIAIR compressor does same. Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic