icon

72 Mercedes 350 SL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed_Am 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any info on this car as far as speaker size/locations, as well as switched, constant, and Ground wires? These wouldn't happen to be the ones with the speakers mounted in the dash are they? As far as I know not really much will fit there. Although I did hear that MB Quart made specific speakers for them...if this it the Benz I'm thinking about.
Also are these factory amped?
thanks,
Steve
luxuryrules 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Doesn't look like anybody knows, so your best bet is to find that out the fun way.  Turn on your radio and follow the noise to locate your speakers (easier if you have balance & fade controls - focus the signal on one speaker and follow the sound, do that for all the speakers).  Then, take the covers off and measure the speakers.  If you're looking to replace them, just pull them out and take them into your local dealer and say you're looking for replacements of the same size.
For the wires, pull out your radio and it might be written on the radio.  If not, just strip the wires and test them.  Of course, it is good practice anyways to test the wires before connecting them.
You can tell if it's factory amped by testing the signal of one of the speaker wires coming out of the radio then right before the speaker and see if the numbers match.  Expensive car probably means factory amp.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic