the12volt.com spacer
icon

AutoStart AS-1774SR Remote Start Not Working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnsub2013sti 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2024 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnsub2013sti
Hey everyone,
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself with remote start systems could help me (the bar is extremely low)
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/QG/Autostart/2W-NGRF-LCD-A-M_AS-2482TWSU_D2105_qg_uni_en_h60s60_PGa20131010.pdf
  1. I have a Autostart AS-1774SR installed in my car, a 2013 subaru wrx sti (manual transmission).
  2. The system came with the car when i bought it.
  3. The remotes will unlock and lock the doors, open the trunk, but the remote start system will not work. I don't think the car is going into ready mode
I Checked which wires are connected and below yellow highlights are the ones wired to something
AutoStart AS-1774SR Remote Start Not Working -- posted image.
AutoStart AS-1774SR Remote Start Not Working -- posted image.
1. Is the reason the remote start not working because the tach and brake switch arnt wired ?
2. When they say brake switch is it the parking brake or brake
3. There is a lot of output wires not connected. Were they replaced by the Xpress bypass
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137181
Tachometer     RED / white to WHITE/ green     ac     cluster, wh 40P plg, pin 30 or ECM bhnd glv box, wh35P plg(B), pin15
Parking Brake     gray     -     BIU right of steering column, white 35 pin plug (C), pin 32
Thank you to anyone that helps!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2024 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how are you trying to enter ready mode?   start the car, with engine running,apply FOOT brake, and apply ebrake, release foot brake. grab remote and press lock / unlock or start, and park lights should flash.. turn key off car stays running, get out, shut door, and then press lock. as long as no door is opened, you can remote start the car.
johnsub2013sti 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2024 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnsub2013sti
I've tried to do the above procedure you described to get to ready mode and it doesn't work
johnsub2013sti 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2024 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnsub2013sti
https://fortin.ca/download/57421/EVO-ALL_IG_REG_BI_SUB-FORESTER-IMPREZA-WRXSTI_2009-2010_KEY_A_57421.pdf
Update i found out that both the tach and brake switch are not connected to the can bus interface either. Do i need to connect them to both the can bus interface and remote start ?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic