the12volt.com spacer
icon

2023 Kia Forte LXS, Viper 5706V Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pauliep0213 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2024 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pauliep0213
Hey All,
I have a 2023 Kia Forte LXS standard key. I am installing an alarm and remote start; Viper 5706V. I have the DB3 for immobilizer bypass and factory alarm. I was just wondering if anyone has the wiring info for this vehicle. I lost my access to Directechs since my friend passed away. I am MECP certified, although I have not installed anything in a while. I am now an Avionics Technician and haven't had much time to do it. I am going to probe the car this weekend, so I will add what I can here, but just wondering if anyone has it already. Especially the wiring for the DB3 to this specific vehicle. Thank you all in advance.
Myself
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2024 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how do you plan on flashing the DB3?
pauliep0213 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2024 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pauliep0213
I was hoping to find an installation shop near me that will do it for me. I never thought about it before, because I was able to do it through my friend. I didnt realize that you need to actually log in to Directechs to flash the module. I get they dont want people who are not professionals installing their products, but if I have my own XKLoader2, I should be allowed to flash myself. Hopefully a shop will let me throw them a couple bucks just to flash this DB3.
Myself
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2024 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
2023 Kia Forte LXS, Viper 5706V Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.
pauliep0213 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2024 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pauliep0213
Thank you. I found an installer near me who is going to program the module for me. So just to clarify... the DB3 says it includes the locks and factory alarm and all that. So I do not need to connect anything from the lock wires on the remote start to anything? These are the only connections I need to make?
Myself

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic