the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Nissan Rogue, Viper 5706v Startup Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2024 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Hey all. Back in 2015 I installed my uncles remote start with your help. A few months ago it just stopped working. I couldn't work on it as I'd been quite ill with Lyme Disease. Finally feeling better now and fixed my own issue recently and figured it was time to get my uncles car sorted.
It's a push to start 2015 rogue (not sport). Viper 5706v/iDatalink ALCA module for the doors/transponder bypass.
What happens is that when a complete key fob is near the car, it remote starts right up. When there is no keyfob near the car, it goes to start but does nothing. I figured it was something with the immobilizer setup. We had to use a 2nd key and pulled the valet key, battery, and half the fob off. A coiled wire is placed over the coil on the rest of it. I'm sure you experienced guys know what I'm talking about. Any way, I untaped it and everything looked fine. I'm temped to try the other fob.
Any idea what could go wrong after years of working with what I'm guessing is the immobilizer?
Attaching the documentation I used below.
Hopefully there are some known scenarios/resolutions you guys can share with me.
Thanks all.
2015 Nissan Rogue, Viper 5706v Startup Issue -- posted image.
2015 Nissan Rogue, Viper 5706v Startup Issue -- posted image.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2024 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
Quick update. Tried a different key fob for the key wrap and it has the same exact issue. Not sure what to try next. If a key is in the cabin it remote starts without issue.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 410
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
so you said, if you leave a key inside it will remote start fine? did your uncle lose any of the keys? was there any IMMO reprograming done? if you take apart the keys, *(take the battery out)* and place the back up immmo on the pts button, will it start?
My guess is immo was reprogramed and the locksmith / dealer didn't reprogram the backup IMMO, and only did the smart key
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
“if you leave a key inside it will remote start fine?”
Correct.
”Did your uncle lose any of the keys? was there any IMMO reprograming done?”
Nope nothing of the sort.
”If you take apart the keys, *(take the battery out)* and place the back up immmo on the pts button, will it start?”
I literally swapped the keywrapped key and swapped it with another and the same issue.
I was looking at the idatalink site and all of the guides for the alca modules each make you klone the key now. What's the chances I can update the programing and do the klon option. Was hoping to play with this this weekend. I need to figure out exact which alca module this is.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic