the12volt.com spacer
icon

1977 Lincoln Mark V, 8 Track Radio/Speaker Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vyper6 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2024 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vyper6
looking for color coded wiring diagram for 1977 lincoln mark v with quadraphonic 8 track. needing stereo and speaker diagrams. at the very least a wiring color legend. example: Right front + white, Right front - white/red
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,686
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 06, 2024 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are there speakers in the rear deck?
Do you have a multimeter so we can see if o\ne of the 2 wires on those speakers are electrically connected to the chassis of the car?
The speaker wires in the trunk should be the same color at the back of the radio.
If one of the wires are at ground, it is a common ground system and you will need to run wires from your radio to each of the speakers. assuming you are installing a modern radio.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
vyper6 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2024 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vyper6
There is a 4 speaker system installed from factory, drivers door and passenger door 5 1/4" (i think) and 2 rear deck 6x8". it is a common ground system as the rear 2 speakers are tied to one bl/wh tracer wire and a 2 bullet connector plug. i will be abandoning the factory quadraphonic 8 track stereo and installing a bluetooth receiver a 4 channel amp {for existing speakers} and a mono channel amp {for trunk sub woofer} also a separate 6 relay fuse block {for the upgraded sound system}. the plan is to use my phone for media {head unit} instead of a "radio/stereo". im hoping to tap into the existing speakers instead of replacing them but i might have to because they are probably 8+ ohm speakers which will perform badly with 2-4 ohm amps.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic