the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

RF HX2 and MTX 1004

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
well the HX2 is a Rockford Fosgate sub....but yes D14810 is correct.  Okoboji I think you might be thinking of amplifiers, because almost all amplifiers out there will either go into protect mode or be damaged when they are run at 1 ohm.
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Okoboji 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok i know what ohms are..... are you saying that the amount of olms that are delivered are determined by the amp, D148l0?  i thought it was the way the subs were wired
Okoboji
"Yo I wanna buy a system so big it blows women's clothes off!"
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

That is the idea. the impedance (ohms) is given by the sub, since it's a property of it, and yes, by the way it's wired when it has 2 voice coils. That impedance determines the output of the amp (watts). I'm sorry if I was not clear enough... however, you asked if (quote) "running a sub @  1 ohm make the sub more likely to blow? you cannot make a sub to adopt a different load... the way you wire a sub modifies the load it represents to the amp, not the opposite. If you are interested, I can give you a couple of excellent links that explain this better than I do...

d148l0
D148l0 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

That is the idea. the impedance (ohms) is given by the sub, since it's a property of it, and yes, by the way it's wired... That impedance determines the output of the amp (watts). I'm sorry if I was not clear enough... however, you asked if (quote) "running a sub @  1 ohm make the sub more likely to blow? you cannot make a sub to adopt a different load... the way you wire a sub modifies the load it represents to the amp, not the opposite. If you are interested, I can give you a couple of excellent links that explain this better than I do...

d148l0
D148l0 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Correction too late, I just didn't want go into bridging stuff....
d148l0
polluted24 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
but wait.. wont runnin the amp @ 1 ohm make the wattage higher, which the rms was already then the subs advertise .... the subs at advertised at 500w rms, and the amp is 600w rms x 2 @ 2 ohms, wouldnt running it at 1 ohm make it be 1200w rms x 2?
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

That amplifier is not 1-ohm stable but in theory, yes it would be double the amount of power.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
polluted24 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
the diagram you showed me to go with that amp was for a 1 ohm load, how would i wire it to get a 2 ohm load?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic